PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Vs Twitter for Social Media Marketing (SMM)

jim.sklansky
02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
What is the best social media tool for Social Media Marketing? Facebook or Twitter??

daddiomedia
02-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Jim,

It totally depends on the business and your goals. If you like, I offer a free 45 min consultation. We could discuss your goals and business and figure out a strategy. Depending on your business theer could be other platforms that could be more profitable.

jim.sklansky
02-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Alright, i have a consulting business, so i should choose either facbook or twitter?

KristineS
02-11-2013, 12:52 PM
It depends on where your target market is. The business that I work with does very well on Facebook, and has a minimal presence on Twitter. That's just how it worked out for us. Our market is all over Facebook and we get a good response there.

The only way to know for sure is to either talk to your target market and get them to tell you where they go, or to set up profiles, manage them well and update them regularly, and then see what sorts of response you get in each venue. There isn't an absolute answer to this question. Facebook or Twitter is never going to be the better choice for every business.

Also, focusing on just Facebook and Twitter narrows your possible reach as well. There's also Pinterest, Instagram, and other options that might work better than either Facebook or Twitter for you. The hard truth is that you have to do the research and have a good understanding of your target market before you can make the right choice about social media.

jim.sklansky
02-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Thanks for your description KristineS. I thinking to go with Facebook too. Creating and exposing of my business are easy here.

Wayne Liew
02-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Just to add on to the existing discussion, once you have chosen your platform of choice, you should always track the performance of the platforms in terms of the quality of traffic and effectiveness in generating leads for your business. Having an analytics tool such as Google Analytics and a specific page or a lead capture page will help you to set up such measurements.

dianecoleen
02-14-2013, 06:02 PM
You may also want to check on your competitor regarding their social media tactic. You can analyze and apply the technique that you think would surpass your competitor. I agree with Wayne that you should track what campaign is giving a lot of traffic and leads to your business, so you can improve to what techniques you are missing.

You can also make a survey based on your market if what social media platform they prefer to use. I hope this helps.

jim.sklansky
02-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Yes of course. But i'm little unfamiliar in use of twitter. This is also a reason to select Facebook.

dianecoleen
02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
You can get additional information in some tutorial on "how-to" use twitter on Youtube videos for sure. Anyway, it is your choice into what social platform will you use. And it will also be based on what platform does your market prefer.

IADS
02-19-2013, 07:08 PM
I use both. It takes no extra time because I have the set to feed to each other. What I post on Facebook shows on Twitter, and vice versa. Twitter has that feature built in, but for Facebook I use a free service called TwitFeed.

SWAMP80
05-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi Jim -

Depending on what kind of businesses you do consulting for, participating in LinkedIn Groups can also be helpful. Facebook is a great way to connect with current clients but Twitter is a little broader. The way people use Facebook vs. Twitter (vs. LinkedIn), Twitter could be perfect. People search for topics on Twitter and engage with people more freely than on Facebook, especially on a fan page. Twitter is also a place where you can search for the given topic and then engage with people that are discussing those things. Just be ware of posting Twitter to Facebook - you don't want to overwhelm your Facebook page with Tweets - different behavior and frequencies for different platforms!

patrickprecisione
05-10-2013, 08:21 AM
A few people have said similar things already but the answer is- You can't definitively say one is better for social media marketing than another. It comes down to the individual business and what works best for them.

Communities Bound
06-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Post on both however if you are going to take the plunge, keep up on both. There is nothing worse than having a page that is not active. That can be worse than nothing at all. If you can only do one choose facebook but twitter is pretty easy to keep on on.

Cannon
06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Definitely Facebook more people means more potential customers