PDA

View Full Version : Visiting all different places...

dereksbicycles
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm sure there are books about people traveling to different major or minor league parks all over USA. I've seen about 15 different ball parks in USA in person.

One of my friends from college makes it his goal to dine out at different Portillos in IL area.

I've been thinking it would be cool to hit different pet bakeries in Illinois and surrounding areas.

I know some people look for bargains at different flea markets across different states.

Some like to ride on different bike trails across USA.

Others have money to frequent different Bed/Breakfast places in USA.

Tell me what else is unique or different? Use your creativity.

Harold Mansfield
01-31-2013, 12:23 PM
I have 1 friend and an acquaintance that has done this.

One of my old roommates now has a walking/biking tour company in Boston.
And a friend of a friend just finished a biking tours of Michigan map/app/book.

Out here I've seen the same for Red Rock Canyon, The Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam. Good thing about doing it out west is that you're still up and running in the winter months.

KristineS
01-31-2013, 02:50 PM
If I was doing something like this, I'd do a museum tour. Find all the little local museums that don't get much press and go visit them. You'd be amazed how many of those you can find, if you look.

vangogh
01-31-2013, 04:35 PM
What I'd do wouldn't necessarily be so unique. I'm a baseball fan and I'd love to be able to take a lot of time off on summer and drive across the country seeing a game in every major league park. Where I might be a little unique is I don't want to only see the games and get back as quick as possible. I'd like to be able to spend a day or three in each city to learn more about each and the people who live there. I'd like to take pictures the entire time and write up my thoughts and maybe turn it into a book.

Dan Furman
01-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Beer. Different beer, from different places. Usually brewpubs, where they don't distribute.

Everywhere I go, I hit these.

vangogh
02-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Why does that not surprise me? :)

Dan Furman
02-01-2013, 02:00 AM
heh - yea, I make no secret that I am quite fond of good beer.