PDA

View Full Version : Mint?

JessicaLee
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
I was using a quicken/intuit product for my personal and family budget for as many years as I guess it was out for, then got a message saying I had Mint and no longer had quicken (a while back). I boycotted it because I was so fond of quicken and how it incorporated every account I had into the same online and offline program. Now I am thinking I will give in and use the Mint. Does anyone else use Mint for personal use? Do you like it? If you have used it and don't like it, what do you prefer?

MyITGuy
11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Does anyone else use Mint for personal use? Do you like it? If you have used it and don't like it, what do you prefer?

I do here and there and haven't had any issues with it. The only thing I dislike is that it only updates the accounts when you log in, so if I go a few months without logging in then it doesn't send out the bill reminders and doesn't alert if certain spending habits/budgets have changed.

JessicaLee
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks! I am trying to figure out now how to exclude transfers between personal account in my budgets. It gives the idea that I have double the money. I have 3 personal accounts, one for myself that I deposit my work checks into and pay my bills out of, one that my x and I share for child support, and one that is for personal spending. The original idea was so I could keep track of all my spending better (13 years ago when I opened the accounts) but now that I can keep track of them all in one place it is MORE confusing. Mostly I need to exclude the joint account all together from my MINT budgets, but since it is attached to my bank login, I can not figure out how to exclude it without excluding the other accounts from that bank login.

MyITGuy
11-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Mostly I need to exclude the joint account all together from my MINT budgets, but since it is attached to my bank login, I can not figure out how to exclude it without excluding the other accounts from that bank login.

If thats the case, have you tried the following?

Accounts --> Edit
Locate your bank/accounts in the list
Expand the account you wish to ignore
Change status from "Active" to "Closed"
Review the warning and click OK.

If needed, go back and delete transactions from this account so it removes it from any budget algorithms it performs.