PDA

View Full Version : Obama elected now solders marching the the streets, banks closed

nealrm
11-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Happy veterans day and a thank you to all those that served.

billbenson
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Happy veterans day and a thank you to all those that served.

I'll second that

huggytree
11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
ill take over this post

me and everyone i know thought the world would come to an end if Obama got relected....i thought my call volume would drop to nothing

i will admitt that my calls have been the same or slightly better since the election...

i do think its the same 51% that were calling before he got elected though...i still think 25-49% are just sitting on their money....and will for another 4 years

i was depressed for a day or 2, but ive moved on since being depressed wont help me

a interesting side note

i have a builder who is a very extreme christian....he has a 'special' religious thing designed for spanking his kids(1 example).....he is VERY Conservative and voted for Romney

he said Romney lost because God doesnt want someone in a Cult to win......there's people out there that think God chose Obama, but yet at the same time think they voted against Gods will......

i just find it interesting how differently people look at things in life...im very conservative and go to Church every week.....i dont think God choses our President

Freelancier
11-12-2012, 08:42 PM
One of my clients e-mailed me that his high-school-age son told him that a boy got up in his class and said that Obama was the anti-Christ because he won the electoral college but lost the popular vote. You just have to hope that boy never gets a job operating heavy machinery.

billbenson
11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
The extremists are still taking extreme views which isn't surprising. What is interesting from what I'm reading is the demographics of the country are changing rapidly and dramatically and the republican party is going need to move more to the center if they want to regain the white house any time soon. It will be interesting to see if and what the republican party strategists do as a result of this.

nealrm
11-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Not really the direction that I wanted this thread to go. I was just wanting to thank some vet and express some humor.

Given how extremely close the popular vote was in this election, saying that there needs to be a shift towards center is premature. What is needed more is better PR. There are several media hosts that we really need to get to shut up, they express an extreme right view, don't represent the majority of the party and they make the rest of us look bad. Unfortunately, they are currently the main counterpoints to the huge amount of liberal media. I wish there were more sources that expresses views more typical of Conservatives.

Conservatives also need to figure out how to change the attitude of the US population towards success. Obama successfully played the class envy card and continues to force a wedge between the classes. So instead of believing that through hard work they can become successful, many believe that everyone that is successful somehow cheated, stole or did not contribute their fair share. The media reinforces this concept. (When was the last time you saw conservative businessman or someone with strong religious beliefs displayed as a positive role model on TV or in the movies)

Conservatives also need to figure out how get more of the US population to better understand the source of government funds. To many people, the government is just an endless supply of money. The money just comes out of thin air. But, every time someone gets a benefit they did not pay for, some one else loses money they worked for. When you take more out of social security than you put in, you are taking money from your children and grand children. On an emotional level many people do not understand that.

vangogh
11-13-2012, 12:22 AM
I'll try to get the thread back on course and simply wish everyone serving now and in the past a now belated Veterans Day. Regardless of whether or not I agree with the political decisions that put our troops in harms way, I'll always support our troops and thank all who serve.

And Neal, I did get the humor.

billbenson
11-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I agree Neal, this isn't the direction this thread should have gone. As I stated in my first post, thanks to the vet's!

I'll respond to your post in the politics thread.

Harold Mansfield
11-17-2012, 10:52 AM
I do some part time free web work for a small non-profit Veterans Organization out of AZ. It's not much, it's just a little WordPress help when their website has problems or needs updating, but it makes me feel good to be on call for them.

I've been trying to talk them into letting me install CiviCRM for non profits to help them organize their fund raising efforts and keep track of donors and such, but they aren't very tech so it's slow moving trying to convince them that it will help.

I was wondering if anyone else provides their skills to help out any Veterans or charity organizations. Believe it or not, it actually makes you feel pretty good.

MyITGuy
11-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I've been trying to talk them into letting me install CiviCRM for non profits to help them organize their fund raising efforts and keep track of donors and such, but they aren't very tech so it's slow moving trying to convince them that it will help.
I've installed CiviCRM for a local non-profit and they havent had any issues with it (South Brevard Sharing Center - Home (http://mysbsc.org)) . I'm CC'ed on the donation e-mails and while the activity is not constant, they do get some large donations this way.

I was wondering if anyone else provides their skills to help out any Veterans or charity organizations. Believe it or not, it actually makes you feel pretty good.

The charity I linked to above is currently the only one. They get free hosting and IT support when they need it...which has enabled them to utilize technology in ways they never thought of (I.E. Small stuff like square readers to collect donations/payments at their charity events instead of cash/check).

If I am made aware of any other companies/individuals that need assistance then I will see what I can do to help.