PDA

View Full Version : An excellent way to get recurring customers

fayt
10-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I think I may have figured out a way to get recurring customers. I am offering a reward points program for my sign company. You can view it on my website. What I do is give them 1 point for every $1.00 they spend. If you want to try it out, put in Customer ID 1 and Access Code 111

This should keep customers coming back again and again to build up points. They will have the option to donate their points to a non-profit organization as well.

I built the website/database to automatically calculate the points and discount. I think I'll probably add the date they signed up and stuff too.

What do you think about this?

Pack-Secure
10-22-2012, 12:27 AM
We have a rewards program on our website and it works nicely. Our program automatically keeps track of all the points accumulated, spent and remaining.

ozetel
10-22-2012, 03:13 AM
Yes, excellent idea - it is a buzz concept in alot of industries in Australia and works extremely well. I think the fact that you reward your clients and make them feel valuable is the key. They get to choose what they want to "spend" those points on and the fact they have the option to give to charity is fantastic. I assume you convert back to dollars and pay the charity for them? Do they have the possibility of claiming the payment to charity as a donation do you think? Had you thought of that extension to your idea?

It would be very cool and a great way to encourage them into the rewards system I think. I think it would just be an accounting thing for both sides (you and them).

Gabe
10-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Nice job. Rewards/loyalty programs go a long way in encouraging customers to come back because they build equity. You might want to consider letting them build points for referrals as well, i.e. a points based affiliate program rather than the common money-based ones.

fayt
10-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Yes, excellent idea - it is a buzz concept in alot of industries in Australia and works extremely well. I think the fact that you reward your clients and make them feel valuable is the key. They get to choose what they want to "spend" those points on and the fact they have the option to give to charity is fantastic. I assume you convert back to dollars and pay the charity for them? Do they have the possibility of claiming the payment to charity as a donation do you think? Had you thought of that extension to your idea?

It would be very cool and a great way to encourage them into the rewards system I think. I think it would just be an accounting thing for both sides (you and them).

The points are converted over to cash. However they have no cash value. So they can use them for a discount on the next order or donate the money to charity, but cannot get free money.

I could do something like "This check for $50.00 is given to you on behalf of John Doe of My Business LLC. Made possible by American Made Signs LLC - Rewards Program".