PDA

View Full Version : Doubt this will work

fayt
10-17-2012, 01:38 PM
I kind of doubt it will work, but I visited the Trump Winery (One of Donald Trumps Executive Properties) today and went to the office. I asked for Eric Trump who oversees the winery. He wasn't in at the moment as he comes by every 6 - 8 weeks. So I left a sealed envelope addressed to him with a letter telling about myself, my business/services, etc.

The manager said he'd leave it on his desk, but seriously doubt he will ever receive it. The people in the tasting room were very nice and helpful, but at the office was quite rude. He said "What's in here?" I am thinking it's none of your business, but I went to tell him about it anyways.

Freelancier
10-17-2012, 01:57 PM
It's probably best that you don't get your hopes up.

fayt
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah I mean there is always a chance. I just wish I could have talked to him in person.

Harold Mansfield
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
They probably get tons of those a day. I appreciate the stones to do it though, you never know.

But, in all honestly even if they were looking for a new supplier, they probably put the word out in their business circles and those people are going to get first crack at it.
I would think in your industry your best bet would be to get the product in people's hands. Seems like that is the only way that you even have a chance at getting any interest from a company that has never heard of you.

Think Oprah. When she used to recommend products, it was from the 1000's of things that people sent her. If they made is past the staff, Oprah herself might see it. The odds are one in thousands, but having the actual product in their hands with a nice presentation was the key. Very few large businesses are going to go out of their way to contact you for a sample based on a letter.

Gabe
10-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Nice, at least you're doing something. The guaranteed way to not get any business is not to try.

ozetel
10-24-2012, 09:02 PM
You never know if you don't try.

Good luck!

cobase
10-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Now visit 100 other locations and you're bound to drum up some business. Keep at it!