PDA

View Full Version : Rats running around the house

huggytree
09-21-2012, 05:24 PM
had a job right in my neighborhood today

there is a brand new puppy running around the yard chasing a white RAT!....the i look and i see 3 more Rats in her yard

so i go down stairs and start replacing her water heater....now the Rats are inside the house....walking/running around my tools....they are horrible looking and 1/3rd bald....they look sickly

i just ignored it and kept working.....if they would have gotten under my feet i was planning on stepping on them...i figured id throw the body's in a bucked and sneak them out of the house....no way i was letting a Rat touch me

from my count i saw 2 dogs, 1 horse, 2 cats and 3 rats....im sure there were more

one of the cats kept climbing inside my work van....i had to look it over well when the job was done to make sure i didnt take home a rat or cat

how was your work day?

billbenson
09-21-2012, 08:15 PM
You don't need that firearm you carry, you need a good pellet gun :)

Pack-Secure
09-21-2012, 10:03 PM
No Rats Here Today :)

Brian Altenhofel
09-22-2012, 12:39 AM
How was my work day?

Worked 8 hours (that's a light day for me right now), went dove hunting with my dad, and finished the night off with a good cigar and a glass of single barrel JD.

We don't have a rat (or even mouse) problem around here. The stray cats and occasional snake takes care of that.

billbenson
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
I had to machete a snake to death the other day. I'm in Fl and most snakes are harmless and more scared of you than you of them. I suspect they feed on rats, so they probably actually are good to have around. Anyway, wife took the dogs in the back yard. See's a snake and goes nonlinear. So I grabbed a machete and well you can figure out the rest... Wife quit screaming though.

Pack-Secure
09-22-2012, 03:54 AM
:D

Did you get a free meal from the snake?

huggytree
09-22-2012, 11:06 AM
You don't need that firearm you carry, you need a good pellet gun :)

guns locked in my van when at jobsites(unless im in a bad neighborhood)

the rat's moved very slowly...i could easily have stomped on them and killed them....wow they were BIG

who has rats running around there yard?

i am in 100's of houses a year....just when i thought ive seen it all.......and its right in my neighborhood...i can almost see my house from the customers house.....

Wozcreative
09-22-2012, 12:56 PM
We have a few reptiles at our office as pets so things like that are welcome here :)
No rats, but some frozen mice for the snake we recently got over the weekend.

However only the chosen ones can stay.. rats, racoons etc. need not come in!

Harold Mansfield
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
100% rat free today. But thanks for asking.

I had to machete a snake to death the other day. I'm in Fl and most snakes are harmless and more scared of you than you of them. I suspect they feed on rats, so they probably actually are good to have around. Anyway, wife took the dogs in the back yard. See's a snake and goes nonlinear. So I grabbed a machete and well you can figure out the rest... Wife quit screaming though.

I used to live in FL back in the 90's, but I hear now that you guys have a Boa and Anaconda problem from where people had them as pets and released them into the wild (cause they were too stupid to know how big they would get) and now they are part of the ecosystem. That is messed up.

billbenson
09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I used to live in FL back in the 90's, but I hear now that you guys have a Boa and Anaconda problem from where people had them as pets and released them into the wild (cause they were too stupid to know how big they would get) and now they are part of the ecosystem. That is messed up.

Well I currently have a super sharp machete on order from cold steel (they make great knives and swords) to keep in the back patio in case any more snakes or other undesirables come along.

jamesray50
09-28-2012, 04:49 PM
If it was me, I would call the Health Department. They may be rabid, and being that close to your house who knows when they might come visiting. I am a typical screaming girl when it comes to rodents. We had a tiny mouse in the house once and I was up on a chair yelling for my cat to "get it".