PDA

View Full Version : Condescending Corporate Brand Page. The "How NOT to do it" FB Page

Harold Mansfield
09-10-2012, 09:13 AM
I've been following a page called "Condescending Corporate Brand Page" that is just hilarious. It's basically a sarcastic look at how utterly weak some major brands are on Facebook, and how not to look like a tool just like them.

Making fun of things like obligatory link baiting every post, "Click like if you think puppies are cute".
Using obviously fake stock photos.
Showing off office food.
Asking questions that have NOTHING to do with the brand or the product.
Dumb questions.
Worthless giveaways.
Bribing and bargaining.
To examples of how some companies don't take the time to know their demographic before they post stuff.

One of my recent favorites: "Check out some of our...brand ambassadors breathing Oxygen...LIKE this post if you also breathe Oxygen so that you don't die!"

If you are into Facebook marketing, it's a hoot.
https://www.facebook.com/corporatebollocks

vangogh
09-10-2012, 11:26 AM
That's a funny page. It's sad that's how some corporate pages really are (without the obvious humor). It is hilarious and informative to see it so clearly on this page though.

I like this one

Here's a picture of some cute puppies that haven't died yet. 'Like' and 'share' this post if you like cute animals. We'll even put an exclamation mark at the end of this post to convey an urgency on this blatant call to action!

Harold Mansfield
09-10-2012, 12:22 PM
This one was a while back, but made me "like" the page:

Staying social with our fans is very important to us. So now that we've established communities on Facebook and Twitter we'll now move on to other popular media. Sadly, nobody here at the office is getting married, so we'll bypass Pinterest and move on to our new profile on MORSE CODE!

We understand that lots of you young and savvy kids are using Morse Code to connect and share with friends, so please LIKE us on Morse Code too!
-.-. .-.. .. -.-. -.- / .-.. .. -.- . / --- .-. / -.-. .... . --. --. . .-. ... / --. . - ... / .. -

KristineS
09-10-2012, 12:46 PM
That is hilarious. I see so much of this kind of stuff and it always makes me cringe. Too funny.

vangogh
09-10-2012, 06:06 PM
This one was a while back, but made me "like" the page

I almost grabbed that one for my post above. :)

Wozcreative
09-12-2012, 01:02 AM
This is great! Thanks for posting that. My pet peeve is definetly companies posting pictures of "cupcakes" they are eating at their office, employees at beaches NOT working or doing anything "business" related.

vangogh
09-12-2012, 01:45 AM
companies posting pictures of "cupcakes" they are eating at their office, employees at beaches NOT working or doing anything "business" related.

Funny and sad because it's so true. I have a pet peeve against all the stock images of happy corporate people. You know those images with the birds eye view looking down at everyone smiling that you know aren't employees of the company.

dianecoleen
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Hahaha. Thanks for sharing it, I just like the page. I get interested in their cover photo actually. Perhaps, I'll get some ideas on them and used in on my handled Facebook page. Pretty funny though professional post I think. Are there some sort of this? Lolz