PDA

View Full Version : What is Branchout? Is anyone using it?

Harold Mansfield
07-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Every few days I get an email that says some person has joined my network on "Branchout". I don't remember ever creating a network there, but I may have. Who knows.
When I click through, it seems to go to a Facebook app and then I back out. (tired of giving things Facebook permissions)

Does anyone know anything about it? Or is anyone using it?

KristineS
07-31-2012, 01:21 PM
It is a Facebook app. It's supposed to essentially be, as I understand it, like Linked In. It's basically a job hunting site or as they call it, career networking. I haven't participated in it, so don't know how well it works or if it works at all.

websonalized
08-10-2012, 03:34 AM
Yes, it works and I find that its very fast with returning results. You can search for jobs and people as well on branch out.

Its not as bulky and complicated as other job search sites, its very simple easy to navigate and one of the easiest ways of searching for jobs that I've seen so far..

Harold Mansfield
08-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I started to sign up to check it out and then I remembered why I never did. You have to asign up with your Facebook account and you have to use your personal account, which I don't use for business.

StefanT
08-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Is it any good? I haven't heard of it but if it is something you recommend it could be something worth telling others (like my clients!) about. I have heard about LinkedIn and know a lot of folks who use it and it seems like a good tool for networking.

Elabusiness
08-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Branchout is tool and a facebook App to expand your professional career network, finding jobs, recruiting employees and connect with peoples you know. It will helps both the job seekers and recruiters.

dianecoleen
09-05-2012, 04:39 PM
I think it is more like LinkedIn, although this App is supported by Facebook. I'm not exploring that world yet. But as what the others said, it provides more about career networking so it is advisable to have if your starting to build your career in the online community.

Matt121
10-11-2012, 09:33 PM
It's like Linkedin, for Facebook. I tried it a few months ago and I'm quite confused by it, and there's this big block of text per update which got me quite annoyed. I stopped using it after five minutes and went back to LinkedIn.

ozetel
10-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Same as what we experienced (this side of the world!) - it appears to be an attempt to fight LinkedIn but after trying to use it for 10 minutes gave up because it was too time consuming especially when we have LinkedIn down. There is word of feedback like this getting back to the developers and possible enhancements to the app but not sure it will convince me at this stage.