PDA

View Full Version : lately work is busy one week/ dead the next...its been a pattern for a few months now

huggytree
07-19-2012, 09:23 PM
anyone else stuck in the same pattern as me? busy one week/ dead the next?

i had a great profitable week this week...last week 10 hours, this week 40, next week 0 hours scheduled, the week after over booked

its been this way for 2-3 months now....its always this way to some degree in my trade, but over the years its evened out for me...until this year...its back to how it was when i first went into business....

billbenson
07-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Quotes today are business for next month (some right away, some have been 6 months later but that's unusual) for me. If my quote rate goes down, my sales go down. I was out of the office 50% for a month for various reasons. My income went to almost 0. It's just starting to pick up again.

huggytree
07-21-2012, 11:00 AM
i typically give bids all spring/early summer...some get signed weekly, but most get signed in the Fall....it takes people 4-6 months to commit on large projects...

Steve B
07-22-2012, 08:02 AM
I had three very slow weeks - I'm assuming because of the heat. Then next week an extremely busy week. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I'm usually behind enough on paperwork that I always have enough to keep me busy.

huggytree
07-22-2012, 10:18 AM
ive had 3 blah months....i make enough to pay my wages, but no profit....i made so much this Winter/early Spring that im still 75% over last year.......

Winter was awesome and right now its really blah!....people arent spending again

its been horribly hot here in WI...90-100.....when summer is typically high 80's.....ive had some great July's, but most of them were blah too....May/June's have been typically good for me and this year it wasnt....

DeniseTaylor
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I've heard this type of thing from other people, unfortunately.

But I've also heard of people getting creative and coming up with ideas to overcome it. Creative promotion seems to be working well, for those who use it. I'm not saying it's easy, but it can be done.

Good luck and hang in there!