PDA

View Full Version : Basic Facebook Question

billbenson
04-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I just started a facebook timeline page. I've never used it before. I pretty much just want to use it in dealing with an organization I'm involved with as they use it heavily. I'm using my real name.

Their are three privacy settings; Public, Friends, and Custom.

I would like friend and friends of friends to be able to see my facebook info. No one else. Also, if someone searches for my name but is not a friend, or friend of a friend I would prefer they can't find me. Worst case they can find me and send a friend request but see no personal info.

How should I set this up?

MyITGuy
04-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Custom. Then you can get a bit more granular from there.

I.E. Under "How you connect" you may want to change these 3 fields to "Friends of Friends"

Under "Timeline and Tagging" you may want to change "Who can see what others post on your timeline?" and "Who can see posts you've been tagged in on your timeline?" to a custom group that create which prevents your clients from seeing what others are posting on your wall

Under "Apps and Websites" you may want to disable "Public Search" and may want to review whats being shared to apps under "Instant personalization"

queenvictoria
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
MyITGuy is correct. Once you’ve set it up, click your name found at the upper right corner of the screen. It’ll take you to your profile. Click on the dropdown tool beside the “Activity Log” and click “view as”. At the upper portion of the screen, you’ll see how your timeline looks to public or to any specific person you wish. This way, you’ll know which particular info, image or posts these people have access to.