PDA

View Full Version : I Haven't Disappeared

krj
04-15-2012, 07:29 PM
We moved back to Tennessee last September because the people who were renting our house here decided that they were no longer going to pay their rent. We had a property manager who did a lousy job while we were out of state and we did not trust her to go through the process of getting these people evicted. Paying rent out there and a mortgage here got old fast. Anyway........we moved back from Wyoming, got them out of the house, moved back in and we have been back for seven months.

Only now my husband wants to either sell or rent the house out and move back to Wyoming. I absolutely loved Wyoming while we were there, but I lived in Tennessee for 15 years and my husband was born and raised here, and I figured we would move back and easily restart a southern life again. One of my grown sons lives in TN and it is great to be close to him again. The sheer volume of people and noise and how fast everyone moves here is still overwhelming to both of us, and truthfully I miss the quiet of Wyoming compared to the civilization of Tennessee.

If I told him that I wanted to go back to Wyoming as well I think he would have the trucks and trailer packed before I could finish the sentence. I haven't done that yet. I still have boxes that I have not unpacked yet, sitting in the spare bedroom - the thought of packing everything again and moving again after only seven months makes me sick. We loved it out there, both of us (and only came back because we needed to do something with the house), but I love my house and my son and am now in-limbo as to where I want to be. My husband really wants to move back. I loved it there too.

I didn't go into the whole story but in the end we lived in three states in two years. It was a long two years and I felt certain that once we made the decision to come back to Tennessee (even though circumstances forced the issue) we would be here for the duration.

Anyway - all my ideas, my business/operational/marketing plans, all the crap I have bought in preparation for opening my store, the sites I have located to purchase stationary and supplies, the research I have done, the blog I set up, the business card design and logo I chose.....................all on hold.

Anyway folks - still here and reading this great site. Just wanted to touch base - still dreaming of wanting to build something known as a small business but that is not going to happen until decisions one way or another get made.

vangogh
04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Sorry to hear the living and business situation has been in flux. Sounds like things have settled though and you're feeling like your back in Tennessee for the long term. I would think that'll being some stability back. Will you be able to set up shop where you are now? If not are there any other ideas you're looking to turn into a business?

KristineS
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Wow, sounds like there's been a lot of upheaval. I hope things settle down so you can move forward with your business.

krj
04-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh hell............I just reread my original post and it sounds a little convoluted and badly written. My apologies.

We have traveled from Tennessee to Alaska to Wyoming back to Tennessee in the past two years. Unheavel would definitely be the right word. There's a lot to weigh re: staying in Tennessee or moving back to Wyoming and as I said above, the business I was just about to start will have to be on hold until I make it. My husband wants to go back to Wyoming badly. I loved it in Wyoming very much as well but hate the thought of packing up and moving again after only seven months. I would miss my son who called me last week to tell me that his wife is pregnant with their first child.

Truthfully at this stage I am not sure what "piece" will help me make that decision. Right now my brain just keeps bouncing back and forth between the pros and cons of both places. The good news is that Wyoming (Cody specifically) would also be a good place to open up the outdoor gear consignment shop I want.

This is a great forum and I greatly enjoy reading the insightful posts from those who have been there and done that. Amazing fortitude, creativity and problem solving skills from those on here, and I respect all of those qualities.

vangogh
04-17-2012, 01:11 AM
I can understand not wanting to pack and unpack yet again. That's a lot of moving already. I do know the allure of Wyoming though. I'd be your neighbor the south in Colorado. I haven't been all over Wyoming, but I have been through the southern part of the state and it is beautiful.

I take it your sone and daughter-in-law are in Tennessee. it would be tough to leave them with a baby on the way. I'm sure you want to be there to watch him or her grow up. Something tells me the right piece will fall into place when it's ready to fall and you'll know what to do.

Amazing fortitude, creativity and problem solving skills

All necessary skills to start and run a business.

KristineS
04-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Sometimes you just have to follow you gut and your heart and let things fall where they will.

The good thing about today's methods of communication is that even if you are in Wyoming and your grandchild is in Tennessee there are a variety of ways you can keep in touch and be a part of their life.

Harold Mansfield
04-17-2012, 09:12 PM
It's funny that you said you weren't too fond of how fast everyone and everything moves back in TN. I only spent 2 days there a few years ago and I couldn't beleive how slow everything was. I can't imagine how laid back WY is.