PDA

View Full Version : Gigwalk

henryz
01-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Is anyone familiar or used them for their business. This company pays people all over the country to take pictures of anything you like, the charge starts at $5 for couple of picture that they upload and eventully get back to you. I'm thinking of using them and wanted some feedback.

Thanks

vangogh
01-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Can't say I'd heard of them before. I'm looking at their site now and it seems like they're building an online marketplace to connect business with labor. If I'm in the right place it looks like more than a picture taking thing.

I'm guessing the benefit to businesses is the site can connect them with some cheap labor and the benefit to labor is they can earn some money on their own schedule. Just a hunch that few people on the labor side will get rich doing this or be able to have gigwalk support them full time, though I expect a few will figure out how. At the same time I can see it being a great way to pick up some extra cash, maybe earn a decent part time salary, while being able to maintain a flexible schedule to allow you to do other things.

On the business side you may not always end up with the highest quality of labor (assuming I'm right about it being more a part time labor force), but I would imagine you'd still be able to find quality enough labor most of the time.

If you're thinking it might work for you why not give it a try? I take it you're looking to have others take some pictures for you. The worst case seems like you'd spend a little money on some pictures you can't use. Not that bad of a worst case.

nealrm
10-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Quality would be a crap shoot at best. At $5 for a photo, no self respecting photographer would even think about it. Plus you would have to live at the location needing the photo to make any profit. I am also questioning how the copyrights on the photos would work. The photographer is not an employee of Gigwalk but an IP, so the photographer would own the copyrights.

ozetel
10-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey Henryz

I had heard of them before and had looked briefly at the instructional video on the home page. I seem to remember it as a way to source a labour force around the country/world. So if you wanted a worker in another part of the country, you could find the worker on Gigwalk. What was the picture upload model you are referring to? Not sure how that fits into their model?