PDA

View Full Version : blue tooth update

huggytree
12-12-2011, 08:40 PM
got my blue tooth this weekend....tried it today for the first time

its a $40 motorola

i love the concept....but the quality of my voice is horrible(or so im told)

i had several customers call me today and many had a hard time hearing me talk...they said too much background noise

one guy told me you need to spend $100 on one to get a good one.

im not in an office environment....there's always other people working around me..

any recommendations ??? i see this idea saving me 1-2 hours a week...there are alot of calls i recieve that i could easily keep working while talking.....some days i get 10 calls that are like this........

TimPiazza
12-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Huggytree, there are a few very reputable bluetooth headsets out there. I went through several brands until I finally bought a Jawbone. It's not perfect, but it's the best I have ever owned. Quick story: I heard such great things about the noise cancellation, I put it to a test. I called my wife, while sitting on my garden tractor, with the motor running. I asked her if she knew where I was, she didn't know. So excitedly, I turned on the mowing deck. I now had to shout to hear myself, but she still didn't know I was outside. True story.

There's a technique called "phase cancellation" that Jawbone's use. You probably know that sound travels in waves. Well, if you take a wave and you shift it exactly half of a wavelength, the energy of the "up" wave is cancelled by the energy of the "down" wave, and the sound disappears. This only works with repetitious sounds like engines, but when it works, it's magic!

You can find the Jawbone Icon on sale for around $30 if you look hard. They're normally $130.

Tim

SC93
12-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Now me trying to think ahead..... you said you had bought one that cancelled out noise.... then you mentioned calling the wife.... well... you know! lol NO offense to your wife... I'm sure she is a sweet lady... just making a joke. :)