PDA

View Full Version : phones...what do i have to do....

greenoak
11-18-2011, 07:27 AM
my customers are using phones like crazy...in the s tore,they are sending pictures to their trusted dh or friend to get opinions, they are taking lots of pictures to consider at home i guess... ....they call on the phone and want me to phone them a picture...etc etc.... its out there so big...and i still have a flip phone that i rarely carry...but dh and dil have the other kind of phones....
im not into this...what do i need to know?

KristineS
11-18-2011, 12:23 PM
First of all, you need a smart phone to be able to send pictures, scan QR codes and things like that. The iPhone is an example of a smart phone. A flip phone probably isn't what you'd need.

Second, if your customers are using their smart phones, consider incorporating QR codes into your signs of fliers that offer a bonus or a coupon code or something to those who scan them. You can learn more about QR codes here (http://www.qritters.com/).

Third, if your customers use their phones, you should probably think about having a mobile version of your website. A mobile version is designed specifically for smartphones and provides a version of your site that is formatted for smartphone web surfing. In other words, it looks nice when viewed on a phone.

I would also look into Foursquare and encourage people to check-in when they're at your store. Foursquare also has a merchant platform (https://foursquare.com/business/merchants), which may be worth considering.

Those are some places to start.

KMcVey
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Ya, it is definitely time for an upgrade. Trust me, you will be glad you did :).
It might be neat to think about making an app too down the road. You could have items of the week, so people can check in and scroll through pictures to see if there is anything they want to come in and buy. Just a thought :). Smart phones are great.

greenoak
11-18-2011, 04:59 PM
what would the app entail? my web person could probably doit if i headed her in the right direction....
my dh and daughter in law have smart phones.and want the next one of course........i dont really use my phone at all.but i want the store to be user friendly for all the smart phone users.......
thanks kristine...we have a qr code and we are on 4 square.... i will have my webperson check about a mobile version of the website.... whats it called?....why would they use the qr code when they are already in the store?