PDA

View Full Version : pinterest

greenoak
10-20-2011, 07:32 AM
im hearing a lot about this.... i m trying to sign up....anyone tried it yet?
it sounds so neat and so different...i think it might get real big in my visual world...

KristineS
10-20-2011, 02:53 PM
I've heard of it, and know of people who use it. Haven't done anything with it yet myself. Would be interested to hear what your experience is.

greenoak
10-20-2011, 05:02 PM
ive really enjoyed seeing friends pins.... but havent gotten logged in yet.... the crafters artists and style people and decorators will probably go ga ga for it....

greenoak
10-29-2011, 10:38 PM
im on now.... lots of my cyber buddies say its addicting..its a whole new way to look at stuff and organize visual ideas.......dh is roling his eyes so maybe its another part of the girly side of the cyber world...

greenoak
10-31-2011, 08:48 AM
shes pinning ...this is going to be big...
...heres something wierd that kind of drives me crazy...i like to follow rules.. ...they, printerest, have a rule against blatent self promoting....AND... are at the same time they are promoting a seminar for how to use printerest to build your brand....
this is going to be big for a lot of businesses, imho.....i put a link to my printerest p age on my facebook and got 19 likes....most of my posts get 2 or 3..... its such a new way to see and organize visual ideas..anyway my faceboook fans sure related to it....
and recipes are big on there too... i guess..i dont know about paula deen except that she is on tv...
it will be promoting my brand for s ure...since every neat picture from the store will have our website on it.... or blog...not facebook tho!!!lol and the pictures are freely passed around among others who like the same kind of thing.... its pretty easy also..
anyone out there using yet?

greenoak
10-31-2011, 08:49 AM
we are doing paid ads on facebook right now for our big oopen house this weekend......and picked impressions over clicks...we really studied it and seem to get the same clicks either way...and get seen way more with impressions...so thats why...i sure dont feel very confident on all this tho...most of the info out there is for national ads...ours is totally for local... so different...

greenoak
11-02-2011, 08:57 AM
i wonder if my website flying around on pinterest[when someone pins something with my website live on it] i wonder if that will be like a link in the grand scheme of internet things? that would be a sweet benefit.... i hope some pinners get on here and share info!!! its pretty neat...
i read it was voted in the top 5 websites last year...

SnellExperts
11-17-2011, 10:55 AM
I was just asking about this on another thread lol. I personally prefer going with clicks over impressions. If you go with clicks over impressions, it could cost less because you don't pay unless you get the click and that means you can get thousands more impressions than you normally would have gotten for way less usually.

Is pinterest just a photo sharing site? From what I have seen everyone on here saying about it, it kinda seems that way.

greenoak
11-17-2011, 11:52 AM
yes its photo sharing....but my photo has my website on it.... so if you SEE my photo of my cupboard or counter or whatever....my website is right there for you to click on..... my pictures are flying all over the map.i can tell by my followers, ..say a woman likes the look i show, she found it by searching the item, or from another persons page,,, so she puts it on her pinterest page...then whoever follows her page can see my picture..AND MY WEBSITE.
the good thng is ..if she likes it and 100 miles from me im pretty sure she will get to my store!!! especially if she gets to the website...
my pinterest categories are mainly about our furniture and nice interior design pictures or also rehabbing and using junk parts for fun or useful things.... other parts are about music, recipes, home , home, home..... anything about the home...lots of young women .... with kids and houses to experiment in...
i read that it has made a huge impact on ETSY too...
i wish it was part of facebook.... they dont allow pictures from facebook.... the pinterest photo ideas are way better than facebooks, which are pretty good... imho

SnellExperts
11-19-2011, 02:26 PM
This may actually be a good place for us to go. You wouldn't believe some of the damage that you see on some of these jobs that make for pretty interesting pictures. At least in my opinion they do lol. I think I will probably create an account on there to find out, after all what harm is there in it if it doesn't work out that well?