PDA

View Full Version : Found a very neat site..

JacobBergeron
10-16-2011, 08:53 PM
I love this website, it may be a little childish but if I was made of money I would spend my days buying items featured on this website. What do you guys think, anything on here that you would have to have? check it out http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/

vangogh
10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
It's interesting. It's basically someone just pushing affiliate products, but it's kind of an entertaining angle and it also gives the site a chance to show some very expensive products. I'm guessing the audience for the site isn't going for those very expensive products, but they make the average priced ones next to them look inexpensive in comparison.

KristineS
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM
I get catalogs like this too. It's basically someone who just buys up a bunch of stuff, or finds a bunch of affiliate links, as Vangogh says, and then sells them. It is kind of fun to look and see what's on the site, and it is presented in an interesting way. I do have to wonder how many people buy though. Most of the stuff is really for people with very disposable income.

JacobBergeron
10-17-2011, 05:48 PM
I agree, I don't imagine the sales for this site are high, it is just neat to see the unique products like the fish tank coffee table and such

vangogh
10-17-2011, 11:26 PM
They do have some unique products don't they? Haven't you always wanted to ride around town in a Tron motorcycle? Or maybe the pillow remote control would work for all the couch potatoes.

JacobBergeron
10-18-2011, 08:49 AM
yeah I like the innovation of some of these products. Unique things not seen everyday. Good stuff on here, with no real function or purpose but would be fun to just have to mess around with.

vangogh
10-18-2011, 11:08 AM
It is a fun site to look through. I have seen a few items that could be useful for people. A picnic table that folds into a briefcase. I can see a family taking it to the park or the beach. It's not something for everyone, but for some it's probably useful.