PDA

View Full Version : Changing Directions...

Patrysha
10-05-2011, 11:59 AM
A recent shake up in my personal life led to a total rethink of my life...including my business. While I'm good at what I do and I've enjoyed the little awards and accolades along the way...I've had to admit that most of it was just a result of going with the flow. I love writing, I love marketing, I love speaking...but I want to do something more with it than what I've been doing.

But it wasn't quite clear to me what that was until I went back in time and really saw the threads that pull the story of my life so far together...

I am going back to the beginning with a new in-home childcare and I'll be working on a boook/website for childcare providers...something I had started with but abandoned years ago.

I'm excited...

A little nervous, but a lot excited.

KristineS
10-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Sounds like an interesting change. Good luck with it.

Business Attorney
10-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Good luck Patrysha. It sounds like you have thought this through and it is the right thing for you at this point in your life.

vangogh
10-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Sounds like you're excited about this so I'm excited for you too. I've had my own upheavals in life similar to what you're describing. There were some initial hard times from making radical changes in my life, but even during those times it was clear to me I'd done the right thing. Looking back I'm very glad I changed direction like I did.

I'm sure you'll feel the same way. Congrats and good luck.

LFinkle
10-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Good luck. Sounds exciting and perhaps just what you need. May I suggest you spend some time creating a business strategy and plan for your childcare business and book? Having written a book I know how challenging the entire process and be and adding that to the marketing it can become overwhelming. A plan for both can keep you focused, see where you are off course and need to redirect.

greenoak
10-05-2011, 01:25 PM
good luck in your new venture...

Patrysha
10-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the offer Linda, but I've been in business for myself for 15 years...more if you count freelancing services as a teen. I've written several books, fiction and non-fiction, as a ghostwriter and for myself. I've been teaching marketing to small business owners through presentations and consultations since around 2005...so I think I'm good :-)

One of the most exciting things about this is I've done it all before...from a two bedroom apartment when I first started...now I'll have an entire basement including a room I can use for messy crafts and sand and water plalay and such. The policies are practically written and now I just have a bit of list making and buying and budgeting and redecorating to do. The marketing is a breeze for the main part of things...only five slots available and one is filled and I have two potential prospects...

The rest is just some sit down and get it done type stuff that I can attack in stages as everything comes together.

Spider
10-05-2011, 03:46 PM
This is a surprise - I am happy for you. Sounds like you are fixing a new house - is this the move you were contemplating several months ago?

mfine
10-06-2011, 02:03 AM
That sounds great! I know in this area that more childcare providers are needed because there aren't enough. Good luck!

Patrysha
10-12-2011, 12:35 AM
This is a surprise - I am happy for you. Sounds like you are fixing a new house - is this the move you were contemplating several months ago?
Actually no, I had been planning on just applying the changes to our existing basement (which is completely finished except for needing new flooring in the main room)...
But I will be moving instead within the same town, and it will mean reconsidering this idea (or maybe Justine the time frame)...
Life keeps throwing crazy curveballs at me...

SCUBA9097
10-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Patrysha, I have absolutely no doubt you'll be a great success with this change! I was recently thrown a few curve balls myself and by the end of the month I'll be living about 1,000 miles away from my current location. My take on it all is that these incidents are put into our path for two reasons: 1.) To keep life interesting 2.) Because maybe we weren't heading down the right path to begin with. Best of luck to you, but I don't think you're going to need it... you've got talent instead!

scottish
10-13-2011, 04:13 AM
I'd love to be a successful writer. wake up, do a chapter for an hour and then take the rest of the day off. If you're successful move to a tropical climate and do it lol Hope it works out for you, but writing a book is very hard work.