PDA

View Full Version : One of the best Conservation Photographers I know

seolman
08-23-2011, 12:02 AM
I have had the privilege of working with many great photographers but this guy (Brett Cole) is the best I know. I met him while he was doing work for a publication about the Monteverde Cloud Forest in Costa Rica. In my view he ranks right up with the best National Geographic quality photographers. I recently got a link from him with some of his latest photos from India. I lived in Sri Lanka and visited India and IMHO he truly captures the essence of life in his images. I hope everyone enjoys.

India Photographs by Brett Cole (http://www.india-photographs.com/portfolio/)

vangogh
08-23-2011, 12:09 AM
Wow! Great stuff. I'm looking through his photos now and I'm struck, by the range and depth of color that's in most every image. I can easily see any of these pictures being in National Geographic.

seolman
08-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah - I hate it when I get one of his links. He has 4,000 photos of just India and I can browse these stinking images for hours. Fascinating stuff.

vangogh
08-23-2011, 01:50 AM
I can see how you can get lost in his photos. It's now happened to me twice tonight.

seolman
08-23-2011, 02:14 AM
My wife and I have known Brett for many years. He has done a lot of conservation photography here in Costa Rica, also in South America, South Africa and now India. It's been fun watching him go from strength to strength. He's a true artist and one of those people who has a great passion for what he does.

greenoak
08-23-2011, 07:06 AM
wow....they're wonderful.

vangogh
08-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Is the rest of the site you linked to his work as well? I saw a home link at the bottom of the page, but couldn't tell quickly if it was his site of a community site for photographers.

htpcva
09-11-2011, 09:32 AM
These are amazing, I'm in total awe, I wish I had some skill like this. The vibrancy of some of the colours is pretty amazing too which gives them depth :)

vangogh
09-12-2011, 10:51 AM
The color and depth were two things that had me looking at the images in awe too. They are great, aren't they?

KristineS
09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Amazing photographs. I love seeing work by great photographers. It always amazes me how they see such wonderful images in such ordinary things. Thanks for sharing this link.

htpcva
09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Ok I was geeking today and catching up on some pest control news and insect related stuff and I know this is unrelated to the original post but I came across this article (http://newsok.com/article/3602653) and I did think the pictures were pretty amazing. Totally unrelated I know, but wanted to share seeing as everyone was being appreciative :)

KristineS
09-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Oh, those are some freaky photos. I'm not sure I'd call them beautiful, but they are interesting.

vangogh
09-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I can't say I'm a huge fan of insects, but those are cool images. They also give insects in general a little more personality than yuck.

JacobBergeron
09-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Wow! Simply amazing!