PDA

View Full Version : hazzard pay?

huggytree
07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
I got bit in the butt this morning by a German Sheppard.The dog lunged at me the second he saw me..no warning....the homeowner kept apologizing to me but what are you going to do...he didnt break the skin, but im all black and blue and very red...it was about as bad as it could be w/o breaking the skin...i told the homeowner that i was just glad he didnt bite me on the front of my jeans....i also told the homeowner since the skin wasnt broken that i will let it go, but to get the dog away from me.

when i got home i had to pull my pants down to let the wife look-see since i couldnt...i asked if she would kiss my boo-boo, but she declined...

to all you web designers...arent you happy you work from home?

i warned the homeowner about his dog and children....im sure if he had gotten a clean bite at me without the jeans it would have definitely broken the skin....now i have to get a cushion for my computer chair or get off my computer

tylerhutchinson
07-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear about that! Glad that is at least best case for a dog bite!?!

And yes, I am glad that I work at home and rarely have to go to clients businesses. :)

Steve B
07-27-2011, 06:14 PM
I've met and trained thousands of dogs and never been bitten as bad as that. That sounds like a very unusual and serious situation. The homeowner needs to seriously address it or they are looking at financial ruin if the dog ever hurts someone. Now that you have been bitten they can't say they didn't know it was a problem.

My general advice would not have applied in this case, but in the future keep in mind that most dogs bite as you are walking away - so don't turn your back on a dog you're not sure about. Lots of other tips and, of course, they change with the circumstances. I've been bitten three times - each time as I turned to walk away.

huggytree
07-27-2011, 08:24 PM
i deal with dogs at almost every other house...i typically go up to each dog and let them smell my hand and then pet them...i look for a wagging tail

i had no time with this one....he was on me as soon as i saw him....i probably did turn as he lunged to protect myself...im not sure since it happened so fast, but odds are thats what happened...i dont think i was walking away, just standing there.....

i have 2 raised scratches now and i put some neosporin on it....it stung when i applied it, so its atleast a partial open wound....if it looks bad tomorrow ill have to go to the doctor...there was no blood, but its still scratched...im not sure if i could have gotten any germs through my blue jeans...owner said he's up to date on rabies shots......

i will be going back to the job on friday.....im not going into the house until the dog is locked up..

huggytree
07-28-2011, 04:01 PM
went back to the dog bite house today to complete my work

homeowners daughter came downstairs to talk to me....she said the dog is old and will be put to sleep (she has kids living in the house)

the homeowner was almost crying the whole time i was there....its sad to see, but this dog is dangerous and im sure he realizes it....