PDA

View Full Version : facebook ????

greenoak
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
i dont get it....we have about 1600 fans and a post usualy gets between 2 and 3000 impressions....and i just read an article that most pages only get seen by 5% of their fans......
this doesnt make sense to me....are 5% seeing us or a whole lot more?
we dont get tons of comments ...quite a few a week tho....
i hope most of my fans at least have our posts on their page.....
any insight for me? thanks

Spider
07-04-2011, 08:28 PM
...i hope most of my fans at least have our posts on their page.....Not quite sure what you mean. The posts you make to your business page wall are on YOUR business page wall and in YOUR newsfeed. By "their page" you are referring to your fans' pages, do you mean their profile wall? Your posts on your page wall do not appear on your fans' profile wall. Your posts on your page wall go out to your fans' incoming Newsfeed.

For your fans to see your page's wall post, they would get their newsfeed by clicking either their 'Home' link (top right) or 'Facebook' link (top left.) If they get their newsfeed anything over one hour after you have posted, they may not see your post because it is too far down their newsfeed page. That depends on how active their feed is - ie, how many active friends they have posting, how many pages and groups they have subscribed to that have posted in the intervening hour.

With the above in mind, I am surprised that as many as 5% of one's fans ever get to see one's business page posts. I would have guessed 2%, but I have nothing to go on except the level of activity I see on individual FB members.

Patrysha
07-04-2011, 09:03 PM
i hope most of my fans at least have our posts on their page.....
any insight for me? thanks

Highly unlikely that most will. It will vary for each fan of your site and is dependent partially on their relationship to you through interactions on where you end up in their news feed (unless they set it to chronological which is no longer the default). Basically though the more comments your posts get the more likely they are to be seen. Of course, shares will get you even more impression time. Mari Smith has posts on this as does Social Media Examiner...basically it's the same old, same old...high quality, engaging content...things that are amazing, controversial or odd will get the most play (kind of like the "if it bleeds it leads" attitude of journalists of a bygone era)...things that are personal and include them (the fans) are highly shared...video and pictures increase response/sharing rates.

Consistency is the key...and keeping up with whatever changes are coming down the pike.

greenoak
07-04-2011, 09:07 PM
spider, i meant where they would normally see my post...their newsfeed....
so how do i get 3000 impressions? is that good? or am i just getting 5 % like the article said was normal?
i have NOTICED MOST OF THE COMMMENTS COME WITHIN AN HOUR OR 3 FROM WHEN I POST...so i try and post early before they go to work.....
ANOTHER ? CAN I ASUME IF I TAKE THE TROUBLE TO SCROLL DOWN WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE ALL THE POSTS from places i have liked?
i still dont see what impressions means...i hope it means 2 or 3000 fans see my posts...is that right?

Spider
07-04-2011, 09:24 PM
According to the popup - the number of impressions is the number of times the post has been shown on your wall and in the newsfeed of your fans. As a rough calculation, you might think about how many times you visit your own page wall and how many of the posts you read. Likewise, when you visit your own newsfeed, how many of the posts do you read? For me, I would guess, I read the first 5 or 6 out of 40 posts on the page. Then consider how many times I visit in a day and how many posts were shown repeatedly but not read - say 10% - that would give a figure of 1.2% seen out out those shown.

This is highly subjective, of course. and the result FB shows is the accumukation of everybody's personal viewing habits.

Patrysha
07-04-2011, 09:25 PM
It means that it was on the screen that many times. Not that they saw it, not that it registered in their brain, just that your piece of info was on page viewed by a fan or one of their friends (depending on the fans privacy settings). Is it good? Only if the content is such that it's leading to a next action...which according to your store reports it is...

greenoak
07-04-2011, 09:43 PM
thanks.... the insights dont show any 3000 views.... so i guess if someone goes on a page where my post is it counts again and again...
i got 4000 impressions a acouple of days ago , the highest so far, and it was a non selling post...

Patrysha
07-04-2011, 10:11 PM
The posts that get shared and commented on aren't selling posts. It's Social Media, it's not about zeroing in for the close, it's about the relationship dances around the close...the lead up and the aftercare...

greenoak
07-04-2011, 10:42 PM
i get 3000 on lots of the selling posts...i try to be subtle!! tho..
.the non selling one was called summer fun and just some attrractive vintage summer pictures
we had a huge day today....

Spider
07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
...we had a huge day today....Well done! When you enjoy your work, working on a holiday is still a holiday, right?

greenoak
07-05-2011, 07:09 AM
it was really nice...makes you feel appreciated...also makes me see what our potential would be in a richer place....
i live in a woods with no neighbors and im not moving!!!
it was lots of it was families getting out with their company or women bringing their husbands and the lake people up here and buying.... and they count on us for being open holidays.....
no ads except email and facebook....and answering the phone about hours...
is the consensus that i m getting more than 5% seeing my posts? thats what im worried about after reading about it somewhere....
it mentioned edgerank too...