PDA

View Full Version : customer advice...

greenoak
06-30-2011, 07:54 PM
we are open july 4th.... one of my customers said i should take more vacations..ha ha.... we will probably be very busy...

Spider
06-30-2011, 10:57 PM
My wife's customers keep telling her to take more vacations, too. Meantime, expecting her to be available when they want to go away! Trouble is, my wife keeps listening to them!

I need a new whip!

greenoak
07-01-2011, 09:13 AM
they are tricky!!!

KristineS
07-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I would guess long weekends and holidays would be good business days for you Ann. A lot of people go shopping.

Harold Mansfield
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
You can't really take a vacation when other people's vacations are when you make money.

On the other hand, some businesses still don't get that basic principle. Banks, Supermarkets and the Post Office are notoriously bad at this. Considering that people generally visit these places on their lunch hour, after work, or on weekends, these are also the same time that they have the least amount of employees working.

I often wonder why these places have so many checkout and help windows when there is NEVER a time when all windows are open at the same time. Or why people at the post office go to lunch at the exact same time as everyone else who is coming t the post office on their lunch break.

They are all good examples of businesses that do not care about customer satisfaction and convenience becuase there are really no alternatives. If there are others in the same market, if they all follow the same management protocol, you have no choice but to accept it.

Another reason why I do everything online.

SmallBusinessAdvice
07-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Lots of businesses are closed for holidays and that helps the ones that are opened. You have to weigh the profit made vs the time off. It can be a tricky decision.

greenoak
07-01-2011, 10:14 PM
its been super for us....but its hard to pull off.... . it works for us because we are kind of an entertainment and fun shopping trip, hopefullly worth the effort to make the drive to us......and we have a long history of being open sundays and holidays..... it probably wouldnt work for alot of stores....
time off can be any time it doesnt have to be weekends....