PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!!

Nicole Hurley
06-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey Everyone!

I just got back from my Family Vacation in Mexico! It was the best trip yet, just my 3 siblings, myself, and my dad. Is anyone else traveling to Mexico this summer? We went to Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen, and Cancun, and I have some excellent recommendations if you would like some!

Nicole

vangogh
06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Welcome back Nicole. Sounds like you had a great time. I don't have any plans to visit Mexico this summer, but I would like to visit at some point. I'll gladly listen to any recommendations you have about where to visit and stay.

tylerhutchinson
06-20-2011, 11:52 PM
My business partner is in Mexico right now on a 10 day trip. I actually think it is that same city. Sounds like th one she said she was going too!

Nicole Hurley
06-21-2011, 04:22 PM
In Playa Del Carmen - First and foremost, we stayed at Porto Real - it was a very nice resort, and the service was outstanding!! I would highly recommend it to everyone. The activities were fun, and the food was tasty, and they had a nice variety. My dad and brother went Skydiving for the first time, and did so at the place directly next door to Senior Frogs called "SkyDive". It was $250/person, 10,000 foot jump, and they say was worth every penny. My sister, myself, and my dad went Scuba Diving the next day. We used the Scuba instructors at our resort, and paid $99/person for a half hour lesson followed by a 40 foot dive which lasted an hour. It was relaxing, we saw hundreds of beautiful fish, and got up close and personal with three sting rays.

In Cancun - We stayed at Bellevue Beach Paradise, kind of... we rented out the Pent House condo from the owner of the condo. This pent house was UNBELIEVABLE!! Three stories, two balconies, two private pools (one 4 feet deep, the other 3 feet). It truly was THE BEST view of Cancun with 360 degrees of floor to ceiling windows. The only downfall was that the hotel would not offer you any amenities except use of concierge. No beach or bath towels for you! Luckily the owner had the suite filled with everything you could possibly need. The suite is $3,500 for a week, but we negotiated a three night price with the owner which was extremely reasonable (my dad wouldn't give me the final price, but I am guessing it was around $1,500 for three nights - $500/night).

We had a great seafood dinner at a restaurant on the Lagoon called JC Captain. We had our own private hut on a dock over the water where we enjoyed a delicious Guava Margarita and watched the beautiful sunset. Not too pricey either!

For my dad and brother's special day (their birthday) we went snorkeling with a guy by the name of Mike. He said it was $55/person, which we thought was extremely pricey, but because he was a good friend to the owner of the condo, we felt obligated to take his tour. Let me just say - it was worth it! He took us on a private tour lasting 4-5 hours! During which he threw a rope off the end of the boat which we held on to as he pulled us over BEAUTIFUL coral reefs. He took us to Isla Mujeres (Island of the ladies) which were what Mike said "the most beautiful beaches in Mexico"... I would have to agree. White-white-white sand and clear blue water! After walking along the beach we swam back to the boat and Mike took us to a place on the island where we swam with, and held a shark while he cooked up a delicious lunch. After lunch we went to open water where Mike threw crackers at us, and fish were jumping out of the water! It truly was a fantastic, carefree boat trip which was worth every penny spent. It was so personal, and Mike kept the boat stocked with Water, Beer, and Pop.

I would love to share pictures, but don't know how I would do so. I hope you can kind of see it in your mind by the way I described it :)