PDA

View Full Version : Using Twitter or Facebook for referral sales

Thundermunge
06-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Has anyone used the "tweet" button integration or Facebook "like" button integration to generate referral sales from an online site? If so, are you able to measure performance and did it lead to any increase in sales?

tylerhutchinson
06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I do not market facebook much since I am B2B, but I do like local companies in hopes they will notice. No real results so far. As far as twitter I follow people in hopes that them AND their followers see my tweets and replies to hopefully get noticed. That is hard to gauge since I am not sure if my new follows are due to that or them just searching for me. My tactics for twitter are much diff then facebook and I get many more follows on twitter. My facebook is also local where my twitter I am looking for a more national follow.

DeniseTaylor
06-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi

I haven't personally done this, but know of a free social media event coming up next week. Check my sig for details. It might help and you can ask the expert all the questions you wish. :)

Harold Mansfield
06-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Has anyone used the "tweet" button integration or Facebook "like" button integration to generate referral sales from an online site? If so, are you able to measure performance and did it lead to any increase in sales?

I think you have to purchase additional services from Facebook to be able to measure those kinds of metrics. I suppose you could create individual buttons per product and match it against your own stats program to see where traffic is coming from.
No I've never used or set anything up like that since I don't sell anything.