PDA

View Full Version : feeling the love

greenoak
05-30-2011, 08:12 AM
im so thankful for our customers and the really kind words they bother to say about the store.....even thanking us for being here...
... i dont think i could take a being a jailer or a social security clerk or a funeral director..... here its mostly happy times on the customers part ...

Spider
05-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Super job! Love your attitude! (Wanted to give you reputation points but the system said I must spread the love before giving to you again!)

MostHeather
05-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Ditto your sentiment, GreenOak. I'm happy to hear about blue skies ;)

huggytree
05-30-2011, 04:49 PM
my favorite thing is saving the day....sometimes i get emergency calls on the weekend and when i tell them 'ill be right over in 10 mins' the customers love me....

had a customer a couple of days ago ask me for 10 cards....he also said his subdivision has its own website...he said he would be posting my company on it and then offered to print me fridge magnets for free.....i had enough magnets already made, so he gave me some special post-it variety packs his company puts together.....He was a car guy too, so we spent time talking about his Vette and Jaguar.....he showed me his toy Vette car collection in the basement......make a friend and have a customer for life....the experience made my week

i get 99 good customers to every bad 1, but the bad ones stick with me for weeks sometimes.....i want to make my customers happy and it upsets me that everything i do doesnt work for every customer...

Greenoak- Funeral directors make a ton on money....i wouldnt want to deal with the dead body's, but id gladly deal with the grieving people for the payback...we have friends in the Funeral Director business.....my guess is he makes $400,000 a year....but he does work alot of weekends and is on call to pick up body's 24 hours a day, but his house is a few million with a few acres and a lake too....brand new $60k Lincolns in the driveway (black of course)

greenoak
05-30-2011, 05:25 PM
thanks...and im not a sentimental huggy person...so it kind of takes me aback when they are so friendly.....
ha ha huggy....they get rich here too but this is a better fit for me....and that counts a lot... ...
im so thankful for my totally dependable plumber too!!! it means so much to folks to find someone like that...

tylerhutchinson
05-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I agree. I love being in a business where you get more positive then negative. Part of why I left what I was doing to what I am doing today. I love getting recognition for what I am doing and the feeling that I am actually helping as opposed to what I was getting before (no recognition and corporate politics).