PDA

View Full Version : Amazing world record community video

cbscreative
05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Maybe I'm biased because this is where I live, but this is an impressive video. The coordination needed to pull this off and get the choreography so well timed with 5000 people is amazing. Even if you've never been to Grand Rapids, MI, I think you'll enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZPjjZCO67WI

If you recall the news coverage when Gerald R. Ford died, you might recognize the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum at the end. The final scenes are on the Museum grounds.

tylerhutchinson
05-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks for sharing!!

Spider
05-26-2011, 11:20 PM
It's very impressive. Are you sure it was done in a single take (to require coordinating 5,000 people)? It's either a tremendous job of choreography or an outstanding job of editing.

cbscreative
05-27-2011, 12:24 PM
I believe it was done in 5 takes so there's definitely some serious editing involved. I know there was a lot of rehearsing too, so I have no idea if any of that footage got used. Still, I am impressed at the logistics to pull this off.

As a side note, my son has been taking swing dancing lessons downtown in the area shown with the green pickup truck and the stage. Of the couple featured at the end of the bridge doing the swing dance, the male dancer in that scene is the instructor.

Business Attorney
05-27-2011, 12:48 PM
That was fun to watch. Good going, Grand Rapids.

billbenson
05-27-2011, 12:57 PM
That is pretty cool.

cbscreative
05-27-2011, 03:35 PM
This video is getting international attention and more details are getting reported. Apparently, the video isn't as edited as I thought it might have been. What appears to be the most reliable reports from early local sources is that they ran through this 5 times, but the YouTube video is the final take and not blended with any earlier takes.

New reports coming out show this video is topping the YouTube charts and getting some serious media attention with how fast it's going viral. GR is not just getting 15 minutes of fame, it's a huge 15 minutes...well, 9 minutes and 49 seconds anyway.

Spider
05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Amazing!