PDA

View Full Version : FB app for coupons

AaronConway
05-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Yesterday, I came across a third party app for Facebook that let's you add coupons to your page and has a great deal of customization available. I decided to try it out for one of the restaurants and in less than 24 hours we gave 30 coupons and added 30+ new friends to the page. One of the cool features is you can specify that the person needs to "like" your page before they can get the coupon. Check them out at Woobox (http://www.woobox.com).

I have been hesitant to use, or pay for, any third party apps but I'll be upgrading to a pro account for this app.

Aaron

vangogh
05-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks Aaron. It'll be interesting to see what kind of results you get. I would assume good, but we'll let what happens be the proof. Sounds like it's already working too.

greenoak
05-10-2011, 01:25 PM
thanks for the tip aaron....what do they do , print off the offer and bring it in?
we are going to look into this.....
ann

AaronConway
05-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes, they can print it right from FB or they can email it to themselves and then print it. In just over 24 hours we have given 45 coupons and added over 50 friends. We gave them an expiration date of June 15 so we should see quickly how many get redeemed and how much they spend on top of the coupon. Considering the big boost in friends I say it's already a success.

Aaron

KristineS
05-11-2011, 04:21 PM
This is very interesting. I'm already looking into it. Could be fun to use with our company Facebook page.

Please let us know how well this works for you.

monkeyposter
05-23-2011, 09:32 AM
You don't have to pay for a facebook coupon app. Look up the "static fbml" app. It allows you to add a customized page to your facebook fan page. With a little code (google search) you can post your own free coupons. You can also add custom landing pages if you like.

tylerhutchinson
05-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Sounds great. Let us know what sort of response you get back!

I have heard of free apps that do this as well so if your paying for it you may want to look at other apps as well.