PDA

View Full Version : Adding blog from Wordpress to Facebook

jamesray50
04-14-2011, 12:34 AM
I have been trying to add my blog from Wordpress to notes on my FB page. I get a message that the url is not valid. I've Googled that message and evidently it is a FB problem. The solution, according to several different articles, is to delete the blog and import it again. That does not work for me because I have never had a blog imported, so there is no blog to delete.

Has anyone else tried to import their new blog without any sucess and found a solution? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

vangogh
04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
What URL are you trying to use? The URL to the blog or the blog's feed?

I forget exactly how you set it up, but I don't remember it being all that difficult to add a blog to Facebook. Maybe it's just something minor in the URL you're using.

jamesray50
04-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm using the blog feed Top Notch Bookkeeping (http://topnotchbookkeeping.com/feed/)

As you see, when you click on it, it is a valid url.

Harold Mansfield
04-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Go to your page
Click "Edit Page"

Go to "Apps"
In your apps go to "Notes"
Under Notes click "Go to App"

Once in the app, on the bottom left you will see "Edit Import Settings". Click that.

It will take you to a screen to add your RSS feed URL.
Add your information and save.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You have to keep playing with it using variations with a trialing slash, without the trailing slash.

It's temperamental and has been a huge pain in the ass for years and seems to be the one thing that Facebook refuses to address and fix. There are support threads 3 years long about the issue and it never gets addressed.

Outside of using a 3rd party app that's pretty much all you can do.

jamesray50
04-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks, I had read where people had problems going back several years. I'll just keep trying and maybe get lucky. I haven't tried without the trailing slash. Maybe that will do the trick.

vangogh
04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
You might have to try it with and without the slash and try both a few times until it takes. Hopefully it works. It does sound like you're doing what you're supposed to and this is an issue on the Facebook side.

HomeToHeather
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I use an application called network blogs to syndicate my blog to facebook and it works wonderfully. Login | Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/index.php?ref=bookmarks&count=0) click on 'register a blog' in the upper right corner

jamesray50
04-21-2011, 01:48 PM
I discoverd that app last week after spending a couple of weeks trying to import my blog into notes. So now my blog is on my business page, but still waiting for one more person to verify that I am the owner of the blog.

SEO In Leeds
05-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Networked blogs is the best app to get your blog into facebook definately

Georgias Gifts
07-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm new to this forum and I'm just reading this thread. I did as eborg9 suggested and my blog went into a notes section on the left side list. How do I get it to post on my wall instead?