PDA

View Full Version : Facebook and Twitter not communicating

jamesray50
04-01-2011, 12:47 AM
I have my Twitter set up to post to FB and Linkedin when I tweet. All of a sudden it has quite posting to my FB feed. I have read the help and done their suggestions, which was remove the app, close out of both programs, clear browser cache, close IE.

That didn't help. When I added the app back, and did a test tweet, it still did not post to FB. Anyone else having this problem?

Duston McGroarty
04-01-2011, 08:25 AM
It may not be related to Twitter... Facebook is always changing their "stuff". Maybe try
looking in their help section too.

vangogh
04-01-2011, 11:38 AM
It could be on either end so check Facebook too. Twitter has recently been updating their API (programmer stuff for connecting to Twitter) so it's possible something did change on Twitter's end. It may be something you need to wait for Facebook and LinkedIn to fix on their ends.

However think about how useful it is to connect your Twitter streams to the other sites. It's not useful at all for anyone following you on both Twitter an the other service. Also keep in mind whether or not the same content is appropriate on both sites. For example the community around LinkedIn is quite different from the community around Twitter. I wouldn't think people at LinkedIn are all that interested in tweets while they're at LinkedIn.

Harold Mansfield
04-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Both are not 100% reliable all of the time. Facebook to Twitter seems to work much better than Twitter to Facebook.

In the past Facebooks RSS import has been spotty and sometimes just didn't work at all. I've seen whole weeks go by where the RSS import functions didn't work. It seems to have gotten better recently, but you are at the mercy of how they are running on any given day.

Twitter goes down. We have all seen it. Not as much as it used to, but it does go down.

When you use 3rd party imports you are at their mercy. As long as you have it set up correctly, there really isn't much you can do. IT's up to them and how things are running. You don't really have any control over how fast or efficiently other websites are performing.

jamesray50
04-02-2011, 01:45 AM
I am going to try a different route. I'm going to use Hoote Suite. I can post on it and pick all three medias to post to at once. Maybe that will work. I have different people that are followers, fans, and connections, so I want all three medias to be updated. Hopefully whatever I am posting will be of interest and someone will retweet, mention in their blog, or share.

greenoak
04-02-2011, 09:19 AM
maybe its them...my facebook is very groggy ...not quite working right the last few days...