PDA

View Full Version : Facebook, Twiiter, and Linkedin

merx
01-25-2011, 12:47 PM
My company facebook page only has seven fans, and I'm having trouble attracting more fans. And I rarely use my twitter account not sure how it would help me get page hits.

I am have some success attracting hits from Linkedin. About once a week I will post a message in one the many groups I'm in and I will see a spike in traffic to my website many of which register for the site. I need some suggestions on how to use my facebook page and twitter to get the same kind of spike in traffic. Please help.

vangogh
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
First don't think of any of the three solely as a way to get traffic. If that's all you do the traffic will be mostly useless. Go into each with the idea of what can you give to the community. When you do that you tend to get more back.

In fact you're already doing that on LinkedIn. You're posting to groups. The more you post and the more useful your posts, the more traffic you'll get and the better that traffic will be. Do the same thing on Twitter. Follow some people you find interesting and start interacting.

Similar with Facebook. What are you putting on your fan page to make people want to become fans? Are you adding useful content?

You should be promoting all 3 from your main site and you could always add links to your profiles here in your forum signature. Are you marketing your profiles anywhere? You have to promote all 3 the same as you'd promote anything else.

craigb
01-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Do you have employees? (are there pictures of them on the profile that you can "tag" )
Are they linked to your face book, you can have friend sales where if they see it on facebook or one of the other sites
and they come in within a certain time they get a sale price on a product.

Ask clients to search for you on those media sites maybe
but most of all make it interesting and people will be drawn to it.

ChrisHeggem
01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Content and context are key. You need to create a stream of relevant information (content) and give it to the right people at the right time (context). Personally, I love using a blog as the hub of my content. From there I can automatically plug the RSS feed into a Twitter and a Facebook page and share that content in a LinkedIn group. Also, from the blog, I would include "Follow me on Twitter" or "Join my Fanpage" buttons on the blog. Don't make more work for yourself by treating each one of these channels individually.

vangogh
01-28-2011, 01:49 AM
I love using a blog as the hub of my content.

I think this is key for social media marketing. If not a blog then at least using your site as the hub, though a blog done well is far better.

jamesray50
04-01-2011, 12:43 AM
How many groups are you a member of on Linkedin? Start a discussion suggesting each like each other's Facebook pages, then give your Facebook address. Do the same for Twitter, except suggest to follow and give Twitter address.

Duston McGroarty
04-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Another option is paying for "likes" on your fan page...

I know it sounds scary but you can advertise your fan page
with a Facebook Ad and I've gotten clicks as low as $.08.

Just be sure you choose your target audience properly. It's
a great way to build an email list while interacting with your
customers at the same time.

Anthony
04-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Getting fans on facebook is not very easy process because you'll communicate with these when you share content or have discussion in future. Try to add people and send message and you can run a low budget like campaign which can brings good number of fans which will be active users and can contribute with your discussion.

monkeyposter
05-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Do you have employees? (are there pictures of them on the profile that you can "tag" )
Are they linked to your face book, you can have friend sales where if they see it on facebook or one of the other sites
and they come in within a certain time they get a sale price on a product.

Ask clients to search for you on those media sites maybe
but most of all make it interesting and people will be drawn to it.

I didn't even think about tagging employee pictures. great idea. thanks.

greenoak
05-18-2011, 06:22 PM
we have a lot of fans....but they mostly come from being in our a actual store....we talk it up, have it on the reciepts, have good stuff on our page hopefully....and best of all our target audience ....women....are huge users of facebook...
i wish we could show our website and blogs better on facebook....they are there but not as big as i would like..
facebook has been a great fit for us.... almost replacing the blog.... there is way more interest in our facebook...
we have pathways among our blogs, website and facebook....i think that helps too...

KristineS
05-19-2011, 12:46 PM
As Vangogh said, you have to get to give. Are you following or liking other pages that are in your business niche? Have you done a search to see who is on Facebook who might be in your target demographic? Are you promoting your Facebook page in other places, like on your receipts as Ann suggests? What have you done to promote your page other than create it? Having a page isn't enough, you have to spend time and energy to get people to notice you.