PDA

View Full Version : Facebook vs Twitter? Which do you get more traffic from?

brocktoon93
01-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Facebook vs Twitter? Which do you get more traffic from?

Both work great for me for different things. Personally, I get a little more from Twitter, but can't complain about either.

jamesray50
01-09-2011, 09:28 PM
How can you tell what your traffic count is? I know everytime I tweet something I get a least one new follower, but I don't know about my FaceBook page.

vangogh
01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Jo Ellen you need to set up analytics in order to track where visitors to your site are coming from. Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/) is free and relatively easy to set up and while not perfect they provide some good data. I think both Twitter and Facebook offer ways to track things directly whether through the sites themselves or 3rd party services. Google Analytics is a good place to start though.

I do get more traffic from Twitter at the moment, though Facebook traffic is not far behind and it's been growing. Neither is offering the best traffic at the moment as most people still visit and run, but there's certainly some good traffic from each in the mix.

KristineS
01-10-2011, 12:06 PM
More from Facebook than Twitter at the moment. I think that might be because we have a smaller group of followers on Facebook and it also defaults to a single page where all our posts can easily be seen. With Twitter, you just show up in someone's feed and that can pass by pretty quickly.

jamesray50
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I do have Google Analytics set up. And I do check it every other day or so to see what my stats are. I'm not getting a lot of traffic but Google does see my site. This is so confusing. I'd rather do my bookkeeping.

Harold Mansfield
01-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I get more from Facebook, but then again I haven't exactly been working my Twitter profiles either. I'm really just not that interested in Twitter anymore.

ChrisHeggem
01-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Just looking at the quantity of traffic may give you misguided results. Google Analytics also lets you see the quality of your traffic. Time spend on site, bounce rate, pages per visit are all important to look at. I was consulting with a company not long ago and they were so excited about the "traffic" they were generating from Twitter. After closer inspection, they found that LinkedIn and Facebook brought in more quality people than Twitter did. This is not the case for everybody, but simply looking at traffic may give you the wrong idea about your social media marketing.

skylargivens
01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
I find that most of my quality "buyer traffic" comes from Facebook rather than Twitter. While you may do well on Facebook making simple posts about your products or services, Twitter demands a much higher level of interaction with your followers. Don't disregard Twitter though, it's still well worth your time, especially if you are targeting businesses.

airduck
01-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Facebook definitely. I post a status of a product on a page weekly. However, I must admit that I don't Tweet often because I just don't get the Twitter account. I don't follow anyone and find it inane.

Can someone please educate me on why I should be using Twitter on a daily basis? And who would care?

KristineS
01-24-2011, 11:59 AM
I've made connections and good contacts using the company Twitter account. Tweets also do get picked up by search engines. It is a lot more fleeting than Facebook, so you do need to retweet the same tweets at different times if you want to point a particular thing out. You also have to cultivate relationships. If you help other people spread the word about their products, you will generally find that most people will help you spread the word about yours. It also pays to select your followers and who you follow carefully. If you follow people randomly, you're right, Twitter most likely won't be much help to you. If you follow selectively, and with your target customer base in mind, you can find Twitter to be a useful tool.

JerryM
01-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Facebook since I dont have a twitter account :P

Anthony
04-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Facebook is the king in all social networking websites which is generating huge traffic for many websites. There are around more than 100 social networking website but Facebook is the best. We can advertise on the facebook and can more traffic through the PPC campaigns.

greenoak
05-01-2011, 09:16 AM
anthony what are your facebook campaigns like?

we love facebook and work it several times every week...over 1400 fans...cant face twitter.