PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress Plug In: Intellegent Traffic Generator

Harold Mansfield
11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Saw this and thought it was pretty neat:

Encourage the visitors to your website to publish the image from your post on their blog/forum to gain valuable backlinks to your website.

Intelligent Traffic Generator plug-in assists in generating effortless, targeted and focused backlinks to your WordPress blog by subconsciously encouraging internet users to post pictures from your post on their blogs, on forums they are members of, on Facebook and other social networking sites, as well as countless other interactive online media by offering them an easy and readily available, cut and paste way to do it. It is the same type of subconscious trick that successfully skyrocketed the icanhascheesburger.com website from nothing into a high traffic, PR7 blog in weeks.

WordPress › Intelligent Traffic Generator « WordPress Plugins (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/intelligent-traffic-generator/)

vangogh
11-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Interesting. I'm not really sure how effective it would be. Unless I'm misunderstanding it seems like all it does is add the boxes with the code to post a link. I guess on a site dealing with a non-savvy audience that would be helpful, though I'm not really sure it would significantly increase how many people link to you. If you're that unsavvy not to be able to copy and paste a url you might also be scared off by seeing code of any kind.

It would be interesting to see some data on the plugin's effect. Still an interesting idea and one I can see being useful in certain places. I'm just not sure it will quite do what it claims.

KristineS
11-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Gotta say, I couldn't really figure out how this would be of benefit unless you had a site that mostly specialized in pictures. Icanhascheezburger is the site that was mentioned, and it would make sense for a site like that. It's all pictures.