PDA

View Full Version : Twitter 101: Beginner Guides To Twitter Marketing

vangogh
07-24-2009, 04:00 PM
During my usual reading or the day I happened across a couple of new Twitter guides I thought would be worth sharing.

The first from Twitter itself, Twitter 101 for Business (http://business.twitter.com/twitter101/) is the more basic guide. It starts with how to use Twitter and lets you know how to send a reply or a direct message and shares some basic etiquette. If you've been using Twitter for any length of time you likely know all this info, though you may find something within here or there new to you.

One section you might still want to read is the case studies. There are short article from companies like Dell, JetBlue, and Pepsi (10 total) showing how each company is making use of Twitter.

There's also a small list of resources, which I assume might grow over time.

The second guide, The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Marketing Your Business on Twitter (http://michaelmartine.com/2009/07/23/ultimate-beginners-guide-marketing-business-twitter/), is also as it says a beginner's guide. It's a little more focused on marketing and has mentions of tools and tactics you might employ. There's even a section on how to make money through Twitter.

Both guides are worth a read regardless of your current experience with Twitter, though they are both geared toward the beginning. If you still haven't caught the Twitter bug and are curious how to go about using the service to market your business, these two guides could set you on the path to getting started.

Anything you particularly like or dislike in either guide? What was new to you? Have any additional tips to share?

LDRocket
11-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Im just starting my social media promotion of the website and these are definately useful guides. The second link to the ultimate guide is a great one, well layed out and covers the topics well.

AmyAllen
11-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Great links - thanks for sharing.

vangogh
11-05-2010, 09:38 PM
It's been so long I forgot what the articles on the other side of the posts even say :)