PDA

View Full Version : Effective social networking

Elatemustafa
01-19-2016, 01:04 PM
I started a page on Facebook and I've probably spent almost 200$ in two weeks for Facebook Adwords which has helped but I'm in pace to spend upwards of 500$ if I want to continue doing it. My question is am I throwing away money or is this the right way ?

https://www.facebook.com/Elyria-METRO-PCS-498617933654048/

Please help me

Harold Mansfield
01-19-2016, 01:36 PM
I started a page on Facebook and I've probably spent almost 200$ in two weeks for Facebook Adwords which has helped but I'm in pace to spend upwards of 500$ if I want to continue doing it. My question is am I throwing away money or is this the right way ?

https://www.facebook.com/Elyria-METRO-PCS-498617933654048/

Please help me

What are your goals? What is it your trying to do?
What are you spending on specifically? To gain more followers? Promoting posts? Are you promoting some kind of deal or special?
What is your call to action? I "like" your page...then what?
Who are you targeting?

Hard to say if what you're doing is right without knowing what you're trying to do.

I can say off the top of my head that you aren't selling yourself properly with your header image.
You should take or have someone take a professional HD image of your store or the inside of your store.
A Metro PCS banner does nothing to personalize your business or promote it. It's generic.

The image of your store as your profile image and Metro PCS as the header is backwards. You also want to use an better, clearer image.

The profile image is where you want to tell who you are or brand with your logo. The header is where you want to show what you do, show off your products, messaging, and otherwise entice people to check you out further.

KristineS
01-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Have to agree with Harold - what are you trying to do? That's the first thing you need to establish. The next thing is who needs to be targeted by your ads? Do you want walk in traffic or online traffic? Finally, you need to remember that the first word in social media is social. You page has to be about more than selling. Work at building trust and a community.

Elatemustafa
01-19-2016, 05:02 PM
ill try to answer your post with every question
my goals are to grow my business and gain more clientele thank the two other stores that sell the same thing
spending money on facebook using adwords and paying to show up on peoples page.

Elatemustafa
01-19-2016, 05:03 PM
I am a franchisee of metropcs being a subdealer so there are already quite a few locations in my geographical area. i want to have the best reputation around town to hopefully gain sales and noteriety.

Harold Mansfield
01-19-2016, 07:59 PM
ill try to answer your post with every question
my goals are to grow my business and gain more clientele thank the two other stores that sell the same thing
spending money on facebook using adwords and paying to show up on peoples page.

First things first. Worry about the people in your immediate area and target them first before you try to tackle the entire market.
Facebook may not be the best way to do this unless you can target your page by zip code.

Next, get your page in order. Doing the minimum is not enough anymore. I'd rather see you spend money on great images than ads right now.

What do you want people to do when they get there? Just follow you? Then what? How do you expect to turn that into sales?
Maybe get people to sign up for a newsletter of specials and events, and then actually follow through and send a nice newsletter.
Get a real plan of what you want to do on it and actually spend time creating content to share on it.

Social media is more than just shouting "look at me" every day. You have to go the extra mile. It's hard, and it's time consuming, but not doing it is surefire failure.

Start doing things on your page that others aren't doing like maybe writing tutorials or making videos on how to use certain phone features.
Offer in store demos of new models.
Things that actually bring people to the page, make them want to come into the store, and entices them to share with others.

I'm just spit balling some ideas, but if you want to rise above the others you have to be better than them or whatever money you spend on reach is wasted. Whether that be specials, being first to get feature phones or certain models, rewards program, repair or warranty services or just great customer service.

I am a franchisee of metropcs being a subdealer so there are already quite a few locations in my geographical area. i want to have the best reputation around town to hopefully gain sales and noteriety.

Then be the best. Capitalize on what the other stores aren't doing. Reputation is earned. There is no "hopefully" when it comes to sales and marketing. Do it right, do it better, and be consistent, and the market will reward you with loyalty. It's easier and cheaper to keep customers than to be constantly looking for new ones.

Basically what I'm saying is first get your plan together before you start just spending money on ads.

Elatemustafa
01-19-2016, 08:06 PM
Can you help me figure this out because this is new to me

Harold Mansfield
01-19-2016, 08:13 PM
Can you help me figure this out because this is new to me

We can help point you in the right direction and keep you from making common mistakes, and of course answer questions, but if you need someone to work with you one on one and help you develop and execute a plan for your target market, you really should consult with a professional.

Do one thing at a time. First thing that should be easy to do is to get some good marketing collateral to use in your promotions. By that I mean great images of your store, products or services. They will serve you well into the future. You can't do anything or expect any positive results from crappy images.

Need ideas? Take a look at other well done pages and see what they are doing and use the good ideas for yourself and your specific business.

Fulcrum
01-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Do it right, do it better, and be consistent, and the market will reward you with loyalty.

This can't be stressed enough. Funny how price doesn't enter into that equation (providing your prices are in the general ballpark for your field).

Harold Mansfield
01-20-2016, 10:13 AM
On the images/photography thing. The goal here is that you need nice images to use in your social media and other marketing. If you can't take them yourself, or can't afford to hire someone to take professional images, you can use stock images. I'm hesitant to advise people to do this because they tend to use the cheapest images that they can find and it's worse than not having any images.

With a cheap or free photo editor you can make a stock image look like your own, or at the very least apply your branding on it.

The key to using stock images is not to cheap out and use a bunch of $2 images, or get bored when looking and just choose any old image that doesn't fit the messaging or target demographic. Buy high quality images, and buy them large enough so that you can use them in different places and have the quality be consistent.

Remember with images if you don't own it, have permission to use it, or didn't take it yourself it's not OK to use it.

johnnyyak12
01-31-2016, 11:25 AM
I've tried ads from facebook and never had any success from my side job of making jewelry. I spent $1500 with zero returns and did everything the internet suggested. I think theres just too much competition. People on facebook are not there to buy stuff really. They are there to poke around in their family and friends business and look at pics and vids and express their opinions. I have a friend with 250k fanpage likes all of which he grew for free over 3 years. And he still isn't able to convert them to a sale on his website. Big well known businesses can post a new product and get sales. But the little guys are lucky to get a conversion unless they make it big.