PDA

View Full Version : Is your social media helping you or is it more of a hassle?

MacMandaMedia
12-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Hello,

I am working on a project for small businesses and their social media presence. I am looking to find out is it working? What are you currently doing? Do you have a plan?

After I am done with the project, I plan on putting together a free video online to cover the basics of what small business are looking for.

If you can help I would greatly appreciate it!!

THANK YOU!!!

Harold Mansfield
12-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Hello,

I am working on a project for small businesses and their social media presence. I am looking to find out is it working? What are you currently doing? Do you have a plan?

After I am done with the project, I plan on putting together a free video online to cover the basics of what small business are looking for.

If you can help I would greatly appreciate it!!

THANK YOU!!!

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. Are you saying that you want to know what is working for us, and then you're going to take our strategies and put them in a video to market to other people?

Fulcrum
12-25-2015, 09:29 AM
The question is too vague. What works for me probably won't work for Harold.

There are too many business niches out there to try and generalize a marketing strategy (online, SM, offline).

Ola Rybacka
01-18-2016, 07:13 AM
One I can say - social media channels are great to be in touch with your users/customers. It's really useful way for them to leave the feedback or just ask about something. You can create relationships with them by post valuable content or make the contests.

daveM
01-19-2016, 02:21 AM
At this point I am just increasing site visitors by using scheduled tweets and posting to forums and Pinterest and Google+

In another month or so I will get a subscription to Social Bro and start to prune my twitter accounts.

I find each of these networks easy to use, I have not attempted to do much yet with Facebook.

Once I get Twitter under control, I want to get my visitors up to 1000 daily...... I will have to use some analytics to manage that effort. analytics undefined so far.

LauraCee
01-27-2016, 08:39 AM
I use the google analytics app. It tells you things like how many visitors are on your page, where they are from, how often they come back to visit your page, how long they visit your page, etc. It is very useful. I would like to compare the results to my likes and follows on my social media page to see how they reflect off of each other.

aaronW
06-08-2016, 03:37 PM
i manage social media pages and yes they can be a hassle but they are very much worth it. just try your best to create engaging content or something memorable.

Migz
07-06-2016, 11:46 AM
If you are using a specific niche and advertising it to fan bases related to your niche yes it can work.

John89
07-07-2016, 07:14 AM
If you are using a specific niche and advertising it to fan bases related to your niche yes it can work.

Agree. I would add also to look for not only standard niche, but find a niche you are passionate about, and then start creating it.

All the Best

AndrewLockman
07-07-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm still trying to work out which tool (Social Media platform) will deliver clients and what type of content will most effectively achieve my goals. There are a lot of 'gurus' out there and most probably each have a good idea or two but as others have posted in this thread niches are important so applying general 'how to' advice and expecting it to work for all businesses is a bit unrealistic. If you are gathering real use-cases perhaps you could design a simple survey and ask people to contribute. This way you get a more controlled dataset which will be far more usable in your project than disparate verbatim comments.

OlegLola
07-08-2016, 06:51 AM
Social Media is very helpful when it comes to marketing of your product or services. Especially nowadays, when everything is so digital and internet. There are so many channels that you can use for promotion, they are all in front of you - Google +, YouTube, Twitter etc. All you need is a good strategy.

turboguy
07-08-2016, 11:50 AM
The usefulness of social media and the type of social media that is effective is going to vary a lot by the type of business. Most social media for me varies a lot. I really can't get too into Twitter or Linkdin. I can't see either being useful. I put some time and effort into Facebook and even though I can't pin down any real benefit or return on the time I will keep plugging away on Facebook. Now for me YouTube has been totally wonderful. Creating and posting a video is a one time thing that pays off for years. We have had tens of thousands of people watch some of the videos and I am quite sure it has generated lots of business. Other businesses might have the opposite experiences. I may play around with a few other social media sites in the future but only if time permits. It is a pain that those of us who need more than 24 hours in a day only get the same 24 hours that everyone else gets.

KristineS
07-08-2016, 03:20 PM
The usefulness of social media and the type of social media that is effective is going to vary a lot by the type of business.

Such a good point and something a lot of businesses don't understand. It takes some experimenting and some research to figure out where the target market is for a business and what social media platforms will successfully reach that market. It's not something that happens overnight and no social media platform will work for every business.

MrPRinson
07-20-2016, 09:32 AM
my logic tells me that if i have low % of my users to have any interest in my page, its bad.
exp: 10k user but only 200 have true interest = bad for promotion.

Krystsina
08-10-2016, 03:12 AM
I honestly believe in benefits of social media presence of any kind of a business. First, it increase brand awareness, and even if someone is still skeptical about it turning into real sales, I wouldn't skip it for my own business. Second, it is a great way to look for new customers as the usage of social media is a habit for lots of people, that's why it is a great opportunity to offer them something while they are scrolling their news feeds.

chrismarklee
06-23-2019, 09:04 PM
I am still struggling with it. I am focusing now on creating more local Facebook friends

beetee
06-27-2019, 12:16 PM
I am still struggling with it. I am focusing now on creating more local Facebook friends

you may want to check out rachel miller on fb.

sfidreamteam
03-23-2020, 12:47 AM

Chris

Have you considered Facebook Groups? That has been my bread and butter for over a year. Facebook loves the trade off. You give them pin point data from the group interactions and they send you boat loads of members. :cool: