PDA

View Full Version : Best free ways to advertise using social media and internet?

Mrtrash
10-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Looking for best free ways to advertise in your opinion using social media ? Exp fb, instagram

Harold Mansfield
10-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Looking for best free ways to advertise in your opinion using social media ? Exp fb, instagram

That is a very big question with a lot of variables. There is no "best". It's different for everyone, your business and your target market.
Do you have any specific questions about individual Social Networks, how to use them, or something we can narrow in on?

Mrtrash
10-25-2015, 06:06 PM
That is a very big question with a lot of variables. There is no "best". It's different for everyone, your business and your target market.
Do you have any specific questions about individual Social Networks, how to use them, or something we can narrow in on?
Hi harold basically i want to target other businesses using social network .

Harold Mansfield
10-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Hi harold basically i want to target other businesses using social network .

It's really not as simple as that. You have to develop your messaging first. Who you're targeting, what you want to say, where they are, and what action you're trying to entice them to take.

A lot of people say, "I just want to use social networking to get more sales". OK great. So does every business in the world.

Look at it this way: When a large company decides to spend money on TV advertising. They don't just go to the network and say "We want more business from TV advertising". They have a plan. A message. Something they are promoting or an action that they want people to take. Then they create the ad that presents that message, and carefully determine which networks or shows to run those ads on based on the demographics of the people who generally tune in to them.

Buick isn't going to waste money advertising a new model on Nickelodeon. They're going to advertise it during college football because the demographic is college students who will be entering into the professional world, and alumni grads who are professionals and have money now.

9 times out of 10, depending on the thing that they are promoting, when you see the commercial and go to the company website, or social media profile or where ever they direct you to go it's already dialed in to the specific promotion that matches what you just saw on TV. If it's a product, most times the packaging has already been changed to match the new promotion that you just saw so that when you see it on the shelves you'll immediately make the association. Soft drink and beer companies are experts at this.

It all goes together to tell a story and command a call to action.

You have to do the same thing on your scale.

Social Networks for businesses are extensions of their website since everything you post there generally leads back to it. So your website needs to be dialed in as much as possible. No since in leading people to a website that doesn't do a good job of informing and selling.

Your first step would be to determine your messaging. Then figure out which of the 100's of social networks or main ones has the best chance of helping you attract your target market.

What is it that you want to say on social media?
What do you think it can, or you want it to do for you?

Advertising is different and requires a different approach. You still need to have a well defined message and purpose, but since you're paying for placement you want to have some kind of ROI to make it worth while. Again, it all points back to your website. That's the foundation of everything you do online. If your site isn't ready to close the deal, you need to get that done before you start any kind of campaign whether it be ads or social media.

Mrtrash
10-27-2015, 06:49 PM
J
It's really not as simple as that. You have to develop your messaging first. Who you're targeting, what you want to say, and where they are. Social Networks for businesses are extensions of their website since everything you post there generally leads back to it. So your website needs to be dialed in as much as possible. No since in leading people to a website that doesn't do a good job of informing and selling.

Your first step would be to determine your messaging. Then figure out which of the 100's of social networks or main ones has the best chance of helping you attract your target market.

Advertising is different and requires a different approach. You still need to have a well defined message and purpose, but since you're paying for placement you want to have some kind of ROI to make it worth while. Again, it all points back to your website. That's the foundation of everything you do online. If your site isn't ready to close the deal, you need to get that done before you start any kind of campaign whether it be ads or social media.. Thank you harold . Yes i have s messege i want to convey to other businesses I will start by building a website

Mrtrash
10-27-2015, 06:54 PM
It's really not as simple as that. You have to develop your messaging first. Who you're targeting, what you want to say, and where they are. Social Networks for businesses are extensions of their website since everything you post there generally leads back to it. So your website needs to be dialed in as much as possible. No since in leading people to a website that doesn't do a good job of informing and selling.

Advertising is different and requires a different approach. You still need to have a well defined message and purpose, but since you're paying for placement you want to have some kind of ROI to make it worth while. Again, it all points back to your website. That's the foundation of everything you do online. If your site isn't ready to close the deal, you need to get that done before you start any kind of campaign whether it be ads or social media.. Are there places on the web to build a free website or do you recommend going to a web writer. I know the message just havent ever built a website?

Harold Mansfield
10-27-2015, 07:24 PM
. Are there places on the web to build a free website or do you recommend going to a web writer. I know the message just havent ever built a website?

I build websites so I'm biased. A good rule of thumb most times is "You get what you pay for". Especially if you can't compensate and do some things on your own.
Free or cheap is only going to get you so much. If you're serious about your marketing and the presentation of your brand/company online you'll hire a pro and get what you want.

If budget is an issue I recommend doing nothing until you can afford to do your website correctly, rather than putting crap up and looking poorly.

Since you're talking about advertising and doing marketing, don't cheap out on the website. It's the core of EVERYTHING you do online. No sense in spending $100's or $1000's in online advertising to send people to a $12mo. website builder or something free you plopped up on Weebly.

It also depends on what you need and want. You wouldn't buy anything else without some investigation of options and what you want for your needs...right?

You should determine what you want, and what you want or expect your website to do for you and your visitors.
Then look around at other websites, especially in your industry and see what you like.

After that you'll be in a much better position to decide what you want, and how you need to do it.

Don't just sign up for something just because it says "Websites" with absolutely no idea of what you want it to be. You will waste your time and money.

99social
10-28-2015, 11:50 PM
. Are there places on the web to build a free website or do you recommend going to a web writer. I know the message just havent ever built a website?

There are free spots where you can get a fairly simple website up and running fairly quickly, but chances are it won't look very polished or professional. There are a lot of good tutorials and teaching instruments to teach yourself the tricks to the trade of building a website, but I have found that if you are not comfortable with it, seek a professional. Ask to see examples of their work and see if their style is along the lines of how you would like to build your branding.

As far as connecting to other businesses via social media - try Linked in, if you are looking to target specific members of a business - sales, CEO, etc. or Twitter to get a conversation started with a company. These are just general tips based on the info that you have provided. Advertising is a whole different world on top of that.

Mrtrash
10-29-2015, 01:55 PM
There are free spots where you can get a fairly simple website up and running fairly quickly, but chances are it won't look very polished or professional. There are a lot of good tutorials and teaching instruments to teach yourself the tricks to the trade of building a website, but I have found that if you are not comfortable with it, seek a professional. Ask to see examples of their work and see if their style is along the lines of how you would like to build your branding.

As far as connecting to other businesses via social media - try Linked in, if you are looking to target specific members of a business - sales, CEO, etc. or Twitter to get a conversation started with a company. These are just general tips based on the info that you have provided. Advertising is a whole different world on top of that.. Thank you for your knoledge