PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or has Google Business become the devil

ashlen
07-27-2015, 05:38 PM
A client of mine asked me to change their address on listing sites so I get around to Google Business and they want to send a verification card which originally my client didn't want to have sent to the new address for some reason so the only other verification option was to send in a photo of the store front which wasn't doable either. The client eventually did agree to have the verification card sent and within a few days the client messaged me the code which upon entering on Google Business I received a message saying the code was incorrect. I contact Google Business to see what the issue is and the rep had to contact the client to verify I am administrating the account (which ended up being me having to contact the client because the secretary didn't want to answer a weird phone number). Finally after all that is done I am told by the rep that the account cannot be verified because the address is different from what is listed on the website. OMG I spent a half hour on the phone for nothing and gave them the worst feedback.

Harold Mansfield
07-27-2015, 06:01 PM
LOL, they aren't the devil, but they are very careful and sometimes verifying a business can be a HUGE pain. At least you could get them on the phone. That's a big step up from the way it used to be.

billbenson
07-28-2015, 10:16 AM
LOL, they aren't the devil, but they are very careful and sometimes verifying a business can be a HUGE pain. At least you could get them on the phone. That's a big step up from the way it used to be.

Ya, they now have adwords telephone support. Not that polite though. I was trying to get info for the IRS talking to a representative and he cut me short and said 'I have to go, I have other customers waiting'. He didn't want to spend the time on the phone with me to answer my questions. Polite but rude at the same time. I would never treat a customer like that.

99social
10-16-2015, 06:19 PM

They are so careful now it is getting in the way of real store owners and social media managers. Thankfully, I haven't had much of an issue with them - knock on wood.

Thinkbooks
10-19-2015, 07:16 PM
I am having the same sort of trouble with Twitter. The will not let me add a new Twitter account because the phone number I have has been used to many times for verification. I may have used it a few times here and there but I currently have only 2 accounts. What am I supposed to do if I want to set up a new one for a new business for whatever reason. I only have one cell phone to verify the account with. Ami supposed to go buy another phone ????

tallen
10-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Get a virtual number and forward it to your cell?

99social
10-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Get a virtual number and forward it to your cell?

Bingo! I have done this in the past.

MyITGuy
10-21-2015, 12:15 PM
A client of mine asked me to change their address on listing sites so I get around to Google Business and they want to send a verification card which originally my client didn't want to have sent to the new address for some reason so the only other verification option was to send in a photo of the store front which wasn't doable either. The client eventually did agree to have the verification card sent and within a few days the client messaged me the code which upon entering on Google Business I received a message saying the code was incorrect. I contact Google Business to see what the issue is and the rep had to contact the client to verify I am administrating the account (which ended up being me having to contact the client because the secretary didn't want to answer a weird phone number). Finally after all that is done I am told by the rep that the account cannot be verified because the address is different from what is listed on the website. OMG I spent a half hour on the phone for nothing and gave them the worst feedback.

Client doesn't want the verification card mailed.
Providing a photo of the store front wasn't doable.
Address on website is not the address being verified.

This would seem fishy to me and when the code was finally received/provided by the client I would've questioned them, not Google. Especially when the secretary doesn't want to answer a "weird" telephone number....