PDA

View Full Version : Which Facebook groups to target???

homie107
05-03-2015, 10:11 PM
I need suggestions on which facebook groups to market my services at.

I have been trying to start some sort of online business for a while and as the saying goes 9 out of 10 business fail within the first 5 years.. and what most financial guru would advise is to keep trying until you find that business that works. Most of these books say don't go for the money and instead go for the NEED.

Well having tried many times to find a product to sell and works.. we have dealt with a lot of different China factories.. good and very bad ones.
I have read on many forums of the same issues that we have faced dealing and trusting China factories. Which is why a group of us started our site

It's aim is to help any new or existing small business find the right suppliers in China. We all know the pros in having China suppliers, and we try to eliminate some of the cons.

We also have a premium service, which basically is 3rd party factory inspection, for anyone who wants to check out the factory and their products independently rather than incur expensive travel fee flying to China themselves.

Ryan26
05-04-2015, 06:41 AM
I think that LinkedIn would work better for this than Facebook. At least I would spend more time on LinkedIn with this than Facebook.

Harold Mansfield
05-04-2015, 10:11 AM
You can't just "target" someone elses Facebook group. They'll read through you and probably kick you out of the group.

M.Ehrmantraut
05-04-2015, 01:58 PM
You can't just "target" someone elses Facebook group. They'll read through you and probably kick you out of the group.

It gets really annoying because I moderate some music and guitar groups on there and we've gone from open to closed forums just for that reason - someone will join and right off the bat they spam the group, it isn't even worth the time or energy I'd say.

homie107
05-04-2015, 10:54 PM
what recommendations do you guys have for marketing and getting people to recognise a services?

OakTech Virtual Assistant
05-12-2015, 09:56 PM
I would suggest start from a offline networking group. There are many local networking events and try there firstly. By doing that, you may get more idea about your potential clients. And then make online marketing campaigns.

chrismarklee
05-13-2015, 08:58 AM
Market a very unique product is the key. Top of my head would be original World War 1 and 2 items. I see so many businesses failing because they are selling the same items as everyone else..

Goldnote
07-27-2015, 01:54 AM
I need suggestions on which facebook groups to market my services at.

I have been trying to start some sort of online business for a while and as the saying goes 9 out of 10 business fail within the first 5 years.. and what most financial guru would advise is to keep trying until you find that business that works. Most of these books say don't go for the money and instead go for the NEED.

Well having tried many times to find a product to sell and works.. we have dealt with a lot of different China factories.. good and very bad ones.
I have read on many forums of the same issues that we have faced dealing and trusting China factories. Which is why a group of us started our site

It's aim is to help any new or existing small business find the right suppliers in China. We all know the pros in having China suppliers, and we try to eliminate some of the cons.

We also have a premium service, which basically is 3rd party factory inspection, for anyone who wants to check out the factory and their products independently rather than incur expensive travel fee flying to China themselves.

Are you referring to providing China Dropshippers?

Kumar Palani
07-27-2015, 03:40 AM
May be your should try to build your own group or page, instead of trying to spam existing groups.

carloborja
07-28-2015, 04:04 AM
I find Linkedin groups and Google+ Communities to be more valuable when it comes to business discussions.

But still, it depends. :)

What made you stick to Facebook by the way?

chrismarklee
08-08-2015, 12:24 AM
First of all find a high quality unique product to sell. On Social media you need to focus on building relationships with your target customer base. Wish people a Happy Birth day etc. I would use a pay per click ad on social media too.

WPCarer
08-31-2015, 09:54 AM
I would suggest making your company a FB page and starting to add and interact with the small companies who you are targeting. Not in a spammy way - just like their links, comment relevantly on posts etc. In my opinion Facebook is much better at creating bonds and relationships than it is at letting you reach a huge amount of people. As commented above, targeting groups with the sole intent of advertising won't go down well,

Hope this helps,
Iseult

99social
10-16-2015, 01:55 AM
Please do not spam groups - it won't draw that much traffic for you and the moderators/admins will most likely be too annoyed to even consider your services. LinkedIn would be where your time is better spent. You need to be in contact with businesses, not just trying to get your name out in front of really varied markets.

MosheC
10-16-2015, 02:42 PM
To find the right social network and the right groups you need to get in the mindset of your prospect. Try looking for a company like yours, and your services. If you google producing products in china, what do you find? follow that thread and lean how your prospects can find you. Not only will you know where they are, but you will know what words they use to find you. You might also run into other services you can sell them.

99social
10-17-2015, 01:36 PM
If you want to stick with Facebook, do some research into your target audience and try out a Facebook ad - you don't have to put a huge budget into it, even if you stuck with a $1-$3 day for a trial period, it could give you some insight into whether or not that platform is where your audience is.