PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Business Page

artanis50
02-22-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm just getting caught up to speed on the changes to Facebook and the fact that business page posts are likely not going to be displayed in people's news feeds. Is there *anything* I can to do make sure my followers see my posts ASIDE from paying to promote?

Harold Mansfield
02-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Not really. You can make it a point to educate people on how to get your status updates by going back to your page and in the drop down under "Liked" also select "Get Notifications".
Yep, seems ridiculous to have to go back and do that after you've already liked the page, but that's what Facebook is now.

tallen
02-23-2015, 09:33 AM
You have to post engaging content (beautiful photos tend to work for us). If it really is engaging, so that the few people who do see it like/comment/share, then FB will decide to show it to more people, and so on. The people who regularly engage with your content will also be the ones who will tend to get your content in their newsfeeds, so there is that at least!

LarsJ
02-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Can we still get visitors to our Facebook business page from outside of Facebook? Twitter, SEO, advertising, PR etc.? I've also noticed hardly anyone even sees our posts anymore. I guess that's what the "get notifications" is all about once visitors see the page...

Harold Mansfield
02-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Can we still get visitors to our Facebook business page from outside of Facebook? Twitter, SEO, advertising, PR etc.?.
Why? Unless you're running some kind of FB promotion why use outside promotion to send people to Facebook instead of sending them to your own website where you are actually selling your products and services?

artanis50
03-02-2015, 09:49 AM
I ran a test on this - and paid $5 to "boost" a post that was promoting a sale at my online store. My Facebook page has about 150 likes. My BOOSTED post reached 90 (organic) and 924 (paid) with 15 people engaged with likes / comments / shares / etc. I averaged 10 of my posts that I did not pay for and on average, I'm reaching 29 people with only 3 engaged. Definitely reaching more of my own fans by paying for the boost, but the engagement is still low.

I'm thinking now I just need more engaging / interesting content. I got the most engagement out of a video I posted (clicks). Ultimately, I want to see click through to my website and get sales. I'll keep plugging away since it doesn't seem worth it to pay to boost posts anyway.

seaj11
03-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Boosting definitely doubles to triples your exposure, but it doesn't necessarily get you the kind of interaction you want. And, it's almost required, in that Facebook avoids sharing posts from your Page to the Newsfeed unless you Boost. Plus, for certain posts and types of boost, it says "Sponsored," which makes you seem spammy. I've found that Facebook penalized my posts because I run several Pages and shared content from me. It even penalized my non-Page posts. They want you to pay them to promote, no doubt about it.

MakingItNow
03-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Can we still get visitors to our Facebook business page from outside of Facebook? Twitter, SEO, advertising, PR etc.?

I can and still do. I'm super active on my FB page (over 500 job photos) and it ranks organically. In fact, it outranks some of the competitors websites : )

However, I am a local based business, not shooting for national attention.

Kyle Johnston
03-18-2015, 11:35 AM
I joined local facebook groups (you can join facebook groups from outside your locality as well) when I first started. I would post the same thing into those groups as I would on my Facebook page and then I would link back to the Facebook page. Don't post too often to the groups because it has the potential to turn people off. I would post every other to every third day depending on the size of the group. The smaller the group the less I would post. It worked well for my both my Facebook page and website. Good luck.

FullTiltBusiness
03-27-2015, 11:19 PM
I've been trying to do the same thing, but the reception has been rather light for me. I have been reading that infographics get more interest so I am going to test the ones I've released on my website to a few of the groups I am in.

JC
03-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know if you have to have a personal account to have a business one? I never wanted my personal one and have actually deleted it a few times or at least thought I did, but it keeps coming back lol. Now I've placed an ad for the first time today on my business account and of course didn't get a receipt or anything acknowledging the sale, which is great, and they're also asking me to sync my business with personal accounts and sign in with personal or they'll cancel my business account by Feb. 2015 which has obviously passed. I don't even remember my personal log in info..

turboguy
03-30-2015, 05:54 AM
Posh, Yes, you have to have a personal account to have a business account.

JC
03-30-2015, 09:05 PM
Posh, Yes, you have to have a personal account to have a business account.

Ok, thanks turbo!

Inkable Label Co.
04-13-2015, 04:35 AM
Linking your personal account to your business account is important especially if you're going to run campaigns. It's super easy too, especially since you can also add other people as admin (if you have someone on board for more specific tasks) from your main account. The new analytics dash is really helpful. Good luck!

pooja88
05-06-2015, 08:40 AM
I joined local facebook groups (you can join facebook groups from outside your locality as well) when I first started. I would post the same thing into those groups as I would on my Facebook page and then I would link back to the Facebook page. Don't post too often to the groups because it has the potential to turn people off.

Dan Furman
05-12-2015, 08:06 PM
I ran a test on this - and paid $5 to "boost" a post that was promoting a sale at my online store. My Facebook page has about 150 likes. My BOOSTED post reached 90 (organic) and 924 (paid) with 15 people engaged with likes / comments / shares / etc. I averaged 10 of my posts that I did not pay for and on average, I'm reaching 29 people with only 3 engaged. Definitely reaching more of my own fans by paying for the boost, but the engagement is still low.

I'm thinking now I just need more engaging / interesting content. I got the most engagement out of a video I posted (clicks). Ultimately, I want to see click through to my website and get sales. I'll keep plugging away since it doesn't seem worth it to pay to boost posts anyway.

You're going about it / measuring it wrong. People don't really come to Facebook to click through to a website and buy things.

OakTech Virtual Assistant
05-12-2015, 08:24 PM
If you just want to have more exposure on Facebook, using group. I joined couple of groups and I just share my business page post to my group. And all group members can see my posts.

I know people are making money from Facebook via selling products through fans engagement. So that's possible but it takes time to build up effective fans.

bradenjack
08-10-2015, 02:05 AM
post engaging content to build audience.

99social
10-16-2015, 06:17 PM
If you're posting high-quality content that is easy to share, interacting in relevant groups and are updating your page consistently, you're still going to gain traction, although not as fast as it used to be. I have seen post reach increase 10x by boosting one post with a budget of $2.00. This was for an app getting ready to release, we had an attractive graphic to share and people really seemed to respond. I think boosting posts is worth it, especially if is a well put together post that demonstrates the value of your business.