PDA

View Full Version : Facebook marketing timing

chrismarklee
07-06-2014, 02:24 PM
I took last week off from my Facebook business page. The 4th of July Holiday was the reason. I will start up again on Tuesday. The best days to market on Facebook are Tuesday thru Thursday. The weekends are the worse. People spend a great deal of time on Facebook at work. I want my marketing to have the strongest effect.

KristineS
07-07-2014, 10:59 AM
I took last week off from my Facebook business page. The 4th of July Holiday was the reason. I will start up again on Tuesday. The best days to market on Facebook are Tuesday thru Thursday. The weekends are the worse. People spend a great deal of time on Facebook at work. I want my marketing to have the strongest effect.

Chris, just curious - have you tested this and found it to be true for your business, or is this something you read? I'm always wary of people making blanket statements about what the worst and best times to post on social media sites are, as though that will apply to every business across the spectrum. The most anyone can say is that the rules they're mentioning apply to their business.

Wozcreative
07-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I believe it all depends on your target audience. There is no "best" for all.

Harold Mansfield
07-07-2014, 12:03 PM
There's a whole lot of variables. Yes, tech people say Tue and Fri are the best days. And yes, people do access FB a lot at work. That's actually my peak time with all social media too. M-F 9-5 (PT).

However, it depends on a lot of things. Mainly who your target demographic is, what time of year it is, whether you are East Coast or West Coast, and anything else you can throw into the mix including the weather.

briancarter
07-12-2014, 07:10 PM
YOUR PAGE INSIGHTS will tell you when YOUR USERS are on the most-

1. go to your page
2. click on "insights"
3. click on "posts"
4. then look at the time graph

a great post can be seen for many hours, so try to post when the most user activity starts, so that 4-6 hours of higher activity happens after the post. in my example image attached, I would post between 8am and 11am so that if the post is great, it's then being seen by more people, while still during my peak times.480

some studies show that the bulk of a post's activity happens in the first 30 minutes, so you could post every hour if you want. if you have great content that often, do it.

LauraCee
08-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah I agree that this may be the case for some BUT not all

irisyang
08-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Does this rule suitable to all people? Am using facebook to boost my explosure but with low efficiency...

JoeInTheMiddle
10-08-2014, 10:58 AM
There is definitely no one size fits all technique for Facebook posting. Check your page insights to see when the highest number of your followers are online (day and time of day) and go from there. It's not even as clear cut as that though. Maybe the highest number of your followers are online but are they the most engaged section of your followership? You also can't forget to take the type of content shared into account either. The only real way to find out is through trial and error.

will.i.earn
10-11-2014, 04:34 AM
I've found this infographic very helpful on this subject ---> How to Increase Your Facebook Engagement by 275% (http://www.quicksprout.com/2014/01/10/how-to-increase-your-facebook-engagement-by-275/)