PDA

View Full Version : Any use in Klout . com?

ashlen
06-07-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm unfamiliar with Klout, just started using it. Have you found value in it? I like the shortcut for finding generic content to share albeit it will take time to brief through the content to see how blatant the authors are in promoting their services, also to see if it is coming from a potential competitor. I heard it is a good way to keep up with industry leaders which I am still investigating.

Harold Mansfield
06-08-2014, 10:51 AM
To me, the best way to keep up with whoever you consider industry leaders is to follow them on Twitter. I still haven't figured out what Klout is supposed to do or be. I understand it's supposed to be a measure of your social influence, but then what?

I'm waiting to see what Lithium Technologies does with it. Right now it just seems that it does more to collect information, than providing any benefit for people using it and allowing themselves to be tracked.

KristineS
06-10-2014, 01:40 PM
I've never had a real interest in Klout or seen that it had much use, other than to rank people on some scale that I'm not sure is relevant or necessary. My Klout scores, when I've looked at them, have been decent, but I've never seen how that has translated into anything useful. I pay very little attention to Klout these days.

vangogh
06-10-2014, 09:29 PM
I've never bothered to use it. I'm still not sure why anyone really cares what your Klout score is. Sounds like they do more than just rank the popularity of some social media profiles based content sharing thing you mentioned. Finding content to share has never been a problem for me though.

bigcat1967
06-13-2014, 08:59 AM
To me, the best way to keep up with whoever you consider industry leaders is to follow them on Twitter. I still haven't figured out what Klout is supposed to do or be. I understand it's supposed to be a measure of your social influence, but then what?

I'm waiting to see what Lithium Technologies does with it. Right now it just seems that it does more to collect information, than providing any benefit for people using it and allowing themselves to be tracked.

I would just stick with Twitter. I am having some success with Twitter - I don't know anything about Klout.

However, social media is social media. So if you have a relevant following on Klout, I guess it can work the same way as Twitter and FB.

KristineS
06-13-2014, 01:30 PM
So if you have a relevant following on Klout, I guess it can work the same way as Twitter and FB.

You don't have followers on Klout. Basically, Klout is the place that analyzes all the followers you have on other social media platforms and then assigns you a score which is supposed to measure your social media influence. There have been numerous discussions about how Klout makes their determinations and how relevant the scores they assign are in real life. Klout made a bit of a splash when it was new, but I don't know a lot of social media professionals who pay much attention to it anymore.

kamilagornia
06-13-2014, 09:13 PM
I use it, kinda. It tells you how much influence a person has. I've gotten some free stuff from their sponsors for having a "good enough" of a score and that's about all the value I got from it. Not sure what else to do with it or if there's anything else. Might be good for bloggers (which is what got me on there at first, as a health & wellness blogger of a few years) but I haven't found a way of using it for my biz. I guess if you consider doing outreach on social media for some marketing/PR tactics, this could be one of the ways in which you could see whether a person you're thinking about contacting has a good enough of an influence.