PDA

View Full Version : Why is one FB ad costing more than another?

ashlen
05-28-2014, 01:34 PM
I ran two different FB ads that were the same in terms of stats. However the cost per click is significantly higher for one ad than the other. Why is this? Attached pic. The one with higher click amount (the one 'in review') started at a later time than the first.

http://i62.tinypic.com/jjnw2h.png

vangogh
05-29-2014, 01:30 AM
I don't know enough about Facebook advertising to say with certainty. Do you bid on the ads? If so that would explain why one ad could cost more. I'm sure there's some kind of algorithm in place that determines the price per click. It probably also depends on who the ad reaches. I don't see anything in the stats you're showing. At first I was thinking maybe the lower priced ad had a higher click-through rate, but it looks to be the opposite.

There are some people here who've spent more time with Facebook ads. I'll try to help keep your thread active in the hopes that someone who knows more about this sees the thread.

KristineS
05-30-2014, 01:55 PM
I'd check what you purchased when you set up the ad. Costs can vary based on the demographics of those you want to contact, or the reach you want to achieve. So that could have something to do with it. It could also have to do with the competition for the eyes you're trying to reach. If I remember correctly, Facebook scaled the cost per click based on how many other ads were competing for the same eyeballs. So that could have something to do with it too.

If the ads were exactly the same and aimed at exactly the same market, then I'm not sure what's up with that.

chrismarklee
06-01-2014, 09:04 PM
How effective are your Facebook ads? What criteria are you using to target those? After a 6 month learning curve on my Facebook Business page, I am growing in my contacts very fast I am at the point where I do not want to requests new friends too fast so I will not be flagged by facebook

ashlen
06-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Facebook advertising worked well for me but the biz I am working with has a physical location and is in the health industry (yoga) so it is a very social and optimistic atmosphere, perfect for FB. idk why there was such a significant difference in cost per click.

appointmentCare
06-30-2014, 01:00 AM
Hi, the price depends on a lot of factors - the number of people who are being targeted, the geo locations, keywords and interests being targeted, etc. This max bid amount is based on what target groups you have chosen and what other advertisers are willing to pay for having their ads shown to the same demographics.

I suggest you work hard on finding the correct max bid for your ads. In doing so, you’ll get a high amount of clicks for a reasonable price. Controlling the max bid and finding the right level gives the clicks a higher value for you as an advertiser.

One way to optimize your Facebook advertising costs is to set the max bid manually at close intervals aiming to maintain a high CTR at a low cost.