PDA

View Full Version : Favorite pre-posting program?

LaurenEll
05-13-2014, 04:22 PM
I've been using Hootsuite for a long time now for pre-posting content on social media profiles and was always annoyed with how limited it is in formatting posts for Google+, LinkedIn, etc. I stopped using it a long time ago for FB because it would insert "Posted via Hootsuite" for each post so I started using FB's own pre-plan feature. Now I am working with a company where the previous social media manager hooked up their accounts to her own Hootsuite account and they are having a hard time getting in touch with her.

I am looking into other pre-posting programs and am wondering what everyone recommends? I am looking into Sendible atm and am considering on trying their free trial primarily focusing on formatting options they have for posts.

Brian Altenhofel
05-13-2014, 04:28 PM
FWIW, it's not Hootsuite that adds the "Posted via Hootsuite" text - it's Facebook. I believe Twitter also does the same thing.

What limits were you running into?

LaurenEll
05-13-2014, 04:32 PM
When I insert a link to my blog for Google+ it only brings up one pic, my website banner, but does not identify the other pics on my blog. I have also scheduled posts for a business LinkedIn page where the posts do not appear in the feed on the page but I think they are showing up in a feed somewhere because the page does somehow gain a follower or two every week...

One thing I like about Hootsuite is that it has the shorten link option which I use all the time.

LaurenEll
05-13-2014, 08:45 PM
I worked with Sendible and it gets the job done albeit involves a lot more clicking and scrolling for link formatting and pre-scheduling which is annoying. The picture shows up directly on Twitter so users can see the pic whereas with Hootsuite it only posted an ow.ly link to photos which requires users to click to view. Also seems to post well to LinkedIn and Google+.. Haven't tried mentioning users yet in the post.

I have also used Pagemodo strictly for Facebook. It's very user friendly but am not sure how it works with Twitter, G+, Lin, etc.