PDA

View Full Version : Eat 24 Breaks up with Facebook

Harold Mansfield
04-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Eat 24 is a nationwide delivery service and app. I use them quite a bit myself.
Recently they've announced that they've decided to remove Facebook as part of their marketing for reason that we've been stating here: What's the point if the people following you won't see your updates?

However, they did it much funnier:

"Dear Facebook, Hey. It's Eat24. Look, we need to talk," read a post on the Eat24 blog (http://blog.eat24hours.com/breakup-letter-to-facebook-from-eat24/). "This isn't easy to say since we've been together so long, but we need to break up. We'd love to say 'It's not you, it's us' but it's totally you. Not to be rude, but you aren't the smart, funny social network we fell in love with several years back. You've changed. A lot."

Read the full post here: http://blog.eat24hours.com/breakup-letter-to-facebook-from-eat24/

nealrm
04-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Interesting, I wonder how many others are also leaving?

Harold Mansfield
04-01-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm starting to see the circle of BS that Facebook has put businesses through.

First they give you page and tell you it's a way to engage with your fans just like personal profiles.
Then they give you guidelines on how to build the pages...basically having you invest in the creation of content their platform and design of it's presentation.
Then they tell you to advertise your page with them to get more likes and better reach.
Then they take away the reach that you've been paying for, and tell you to use promoted posts to reach the people that you've already paid them to attract, and have already opted in to receive your updates.

And for users, they slowly stop showing you the people that you want to follow and replace them with ads and promoted posts.
It is no longer a social network. It's an ad platform where you see paid status updates according to your demographic, not who you've asked to follow.

I definitely see the light. Facebook is a money sucking grift.

I too am breaking up with Facebook. The horror of realizing that I'm sending people to follow me on there, where in all likelihood they will never hear from me again is really just sinking in. I need to get the "follow me on Facebook" icons off of my websites today.

cwillmoth
04-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Facebook is the most greedy of all social networking sites...but if you know software engineers then you can get things that allow you to do whatever you want for marketing on Facebook. That is what is now necessary to continue to advertise and market on Facebook because they have created too many restrictions.

Harold Mansfield
04-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Facebook is the most greedy of all social networking sites...but if you know software engineers then you can get things that allow you to do whatever you want for marketing on Facebook.

Can you be a little more specific? How so?