PDA

View Full Version : Content Placement

johnkaster
03-12-2014, 02:18 PM
What could be better to do?
1. Building quality content on a blog and promoting it?
2. Directly placing quality content on FB.

Patrysha
03-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Depends. What's the purpose?

Wozcreative
03-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Depends on the business. The "content". The target audience. etc etc.

KristineS
03-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Have to agree with Patrysha and Woz. This question is way too open ended as it currently stands. We need more information.

johnkaster
03-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Depends. What's the purpose?
can you explain, in what purpose it should be FB and in what purpose it should be blog?

Harold Mansfield
03-14-2014, 12:40 AM
I do both. But you can't just plop stuff on Facebook and hope for the best. You need a defined target audience, a plan, and more than likely some resources to implement that plan. That's assuming that Facebook is the right place to market and promote. Every social network isn't going to work for everybody and every industry.

I use Facebook to promote my blog. But it was a waste of time using it for web design services. Web designers, SEO's, and Social Media Marketers on Facebook, and Twitter are a nickle for 2 dozen. It's saturated. I wouldn't depend on either of them for that kind of business.

Maybe Linked In.

LeadMaster
03-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Agreed with above posts about the kind of content playing a role. If your content is primarily visual such as all photos then social platforms are probably ideal but if you will be doing traditional blogs with text then your own database would work.