PDA

View Full Version : Which cover do you like best?

LaurenEll
02-20-2014, 01:30 AM
Hi everyone. Can you give me some feedback on which cover you like best? Much appreciation! If you click on the image a larger one will appear.

370 371 372

Wozcreative
02-20-2014, 09:07 AM
As a freelance graphic designer I am inclined to mention that the typography is off on this one. There are issues with the kerning, negative space and leading for me. The choice of font is also not in "easy reading" favour. The margins are also too tight around the image. If I were to choose I'd go with the second one because:

• The first one has "Fit" hugging the white banner which doesn't work
• The last one I'm not a fan of the stock image as it doesn't represent that it is about food. It looks like a love story

Harold Mansfield
02-20-2014, 03:08 PM
I'd like the 3rd one if there were more line spacing in the main headline (It's too jammed together) and you added some images of vegetables around the lower border of the top section...kind of curved so that it slightly cradles the text but still leaves open space. And not full images, just enough to be recognizable.

Plus I think a splash of color from say a carrot, a red bell pepper, and the broccoli would help it not look so bland.
So then you kill a bunch of birds with that same stone...you handle the "looking like romance novel" thing that Woz mentioned. You get more color on the page. And the additional imagery helps visually target (is that a thing?) the cover as a healthy book.

Or just go with #2.

levis_88
02-20-2014, 05:07 PM
i like the middle one. =)

Enerica
02-21-2014, 02:26 PM
The middle one