PDA

View Full Version : What did you do with any last minute unused tickets?

dereksbicycles
02-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Let's say that you got tickets to Seahawks game. You find out 2 weeks ahead of time you will have a conflict. Therefore, you cannot use the tickets. You're able to sell tickets to your friend who is able to use them which is great.

What I really want to know is whether any of you got stuck with last minute tickets. Did that ever happen to you before? For example, you may have tickets to a play. Maybe your car broke down on way to play and now you are stuck. You cannot make it to the play.

Maybe you had tickets to hockey game for the next day. However, you found out that your Mom collapsed so you have no time to find someone to take those tickets off your hands while you visit your Mom in hospital.

Tell me about those unused tickets you got stuck with. How did you deal with them?

Freelancier
02-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Sometimes you eat them. Sometimes you get a ticket broker (or the NFL) to re-sell them if the event is one where there's enough demand. Just depends.

Why do you ask?

KristineS
02-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Some people would probably offer the tickets on social media if there was time. If not, you just deal with the fact that you spent money on something you couldn't use.

Are you considering some type of unused ticket reselling service or something?

Harold Mansfield
02-06-2014, 08:47 PM
StubHub,"Where fans buy and sell tickets".
Tickets at StubHub! Where Fans Buy and Sell Tickets (http://www.stubhub.com/)

It's been around for a number of years.

dereksbicycles
02-27-2014, 12:27 PM
I was trying to decide if I should go to the dance or not. I was nervous because weather was supposed to be bad. It ended up not being so bad. I went to the dance and had a good time.

I was simply asking what you did or how you felt about tickets that ended up being unused.

LaurenEll
03-02-2014, 03:22 AM
I did get stuck with a pair of tickets once unfortunately but they're still souvenirs lol. I had posted to Craigslist a few days before the show but didn't receive response. If I could go back in time I would have gone to other ticket websites (i.e. StubHub) or joined local Facebook groups specifically geared towards selling items. I would also post them to a fan forum geared towards the band I was seeing.

webking
03-02-2014, 11:01 PM
I once bought tickets for a soccer match months ago but on the match day my close friend had an serious accident and ended up in hospital so my first priority was him but I was lucky enough to pass my ticket to my other friend cousin.