PDA

View Full Version : My First Blog Recording

David Hunter
01-24-2014, 10:39 AM
After reading Patrysha's (thank you for the tips) thread about her podcast, I wanted to try out a recording on my blog here:

Marketing Is The Heart Of Your Business | Duke of Marketing (http://dukeofmarketing.com/marketing-is-the-heart-of-your-business/) (Audio not working as of 11:35am EST. Working on the issue and will remove this once it's fixed again)

It's a quick 60 second recording.

I'm open to feedback and constructive criticism. Thanks!

KristineS
01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Hmm, I tried listening to it and it wouldn't play for me. Not sure if it's just my weird computer or if there's a glitch, but thought I would mention it. I could click the play button, but then it didn't do anything.

David Hunter
01-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks, Kristine! I was hoping it was your computer, but nope.

When I preview my post under my admin site it works fine. When I log out and go directly to my site it doesn't work and only shows 9 seconds. Hmm....

I'm using the Wordpress embed player. Anyone have any suggestions?

RickGrantham
01-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Congrats David-

I was able to hear it just fine. I think you were clear/articulate/easy to understand.

If I were to offer one observation it would be the call to action at the end. "Take some action" may be a good tagline, I don't dispute that. But I wasn't asked to put my name and email into the box that was just below the recording to get regular updates. Or asked to leave a comment. In short, I wasn't told to take a specific action. If you would like an example, I have a few of my videos I could point you to, just let me know.

Otherwise, strong. I will want to pick your brain when I decide to head down this path.

Rick

David Hunter
01-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Weird, it plays no problems on my computer at home, but the office computer had problems. ugh!

Thanks, Rick! Good reminder about the call to action. I didn't even think about asking people to put their name and email in the box below for regular updates or to leave a comment (I think I'll add it to the post itself). I won't forget that next time. Sure, I'll take a look at your videos.

David Hunter
01-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Oh, is there any way to edit my previous two posts? The "Edit Post" button has disappeared. :-/

David Hunter
01-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi Kristine, It should be working again! I tested it and had a friend test it on his computer and it works. The original file was a M4A file (this file did not work on his computer either). I made it a MP3 file and it seems to be running fine. I really appreciate you letting me know that you couldn't get it to work. Please let me know if you still have any problems getting the player to work. Thanks a million!!!

RickGrantham
02-01-2014, 04:00 PM
David-

Here is an example of a call to action that I did in one of my videos. Fast forward to the 20:30 marker for the call to action

Mynda Treacy, Excel Trainer and Blogger - Help from the Excel Experts | Small Business Tips by Rick Grantham (http://rickgrantham.com/articles/excel-for-small-business/excel-resources/mynda-treacy-excel-trainer-and-blogger-help-from-the-excel-experts/)

If links aren't allowed here, then I will send it to you via PM.

Rick

David Hunter
02-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Great interview, Rick!

I remember I took a Microsoft Office Suite class at the local community college a few years ago. It was like $300 plus an expensive book which was over $100. Looks like I would have learned a lot more from Mynda!

I love the call to action! You can record one call to action and use it on all of your videos.

I'm going to be doing a video on 3D mail. You gave me some great ideas!

Great site, and thanks for sharing!! :)

KristineS
02-05-2014, 01:39 PM
O.k., it works now, and I liked your analogy. One thing I might recommend is working on speaking just a bit more slowly. You have a good conversational tone, which is nice, but it felt a little rushed to me in places. I've done audio for video and commercials and my normal speaking pace is pretty fast, so I've had to learn to pace myself better when I'm recording audio. Sometimes just stopping to take a small breath will be enough to make the pace feel a little slower.

I think it was a very good first effort though. Nice idea, as well, to do small tips that you can listen to quickly.

David Hunter
02-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Kristine! I'm glad you were able to listen.

I'll definitely work on speaking slower. I'm listening to my recording again and I can see the spots where I speed up.

I'm going to be doing some videos as well, so this will help. Thanks again! :)

RickGrantham
02-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Great interview, Rick!

I remember I took a Microsoft Office Suite class at the local community college a few years ago. It was like $300 plus an expensive book which was over $100. Looks like I would have learned a lot more from Mynda!

I love the call to action! You can record one call to action and use it on all of your videos.

I'm going to be doing a video on 3D mail. You gave me some great ideas!

Great site, and thanks for sharing!! :)

Thanks David-

I have had a lot of luck with video marketing. As an example, on Youtube I have found that every 10 views = $1 worth of revenue on my sales page. Making a connection with your buyer is important, and video is a great way to do this.

Rick Grantham