PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress good results

orion_joel
02-07-2009, 12:53 AM
I must say that wordpress does give some good results. I think that it is actually making it much easier for me to grow my sites.

While my blogs have been going for a little while, and more so recently been picking up traffic, because i have been putting more attention to building them. I have also started my first more content focused site using wordpress as well, and it has actually probably i would say gained the most from going to wordpress. It really is i expect once i get the content where i want it and start promoting going to really benefit from wordpress.

I expect to see similar results when i move my business site over, as well. Not because i want to but because i believe wordpress does make it a lot easier for me to not just get the content on the site but get it to google and based on the results so far with some of my sites with no extra promo, they pick up a little extra just by themselves.

Harold Mansfield
02-07-2009, 03:59 PM
One of the great features about Word Press is that it pings the web to let the different services know that you have just added content. You don't get that with static sites...you have to do it yourself.

Also the All in One SEO plug in is great for getting each page tagged and seo'ed correctly so every post doesn't have to follow the sites main tags and keyword structure.

rezzy
02-07-2009, 10:12 PM
I didnt know that simply using Wordpress would create such a perfect SEO site.

orion_joel
02-07-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't think that the SEO is perfect, but with some of the add-ons, it makes it a lot easier to do some things. Like XML sitemaps extension makes it a lot easier to create and submit your site. Which i am sure is potentially available with other scripts, but wordpress is also easier in other ways.

Creating new content is as easy as one page, and the site shows you the permalink for a new post right away and allows you to modify it. I guess if you want a smaller url or such.

There is plenty more i am sure but this is the things that i like about it.

Maybe also the face that it has taken be all of maybe 20 minutes to move my business site off joomla, and on to wordpress. I just cut and paste the content, and yes it may have been only 3 or 4 pages. but hey wont be to much different for a slightly larger site, and i would imagine most blog platforms there would be automated options to transfer your blogging.

rezzy
02-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Iwouldnt doubt the automated plugins. I must say, all the SEO stuff the plugins can handle is amazing. I have that generates sitemaps, tells search engines my site has been updated, another tells twitter, and the list is limitless.

Harold Mansfield
02-08-2009, 01:57 AM
I don't think that the SEO is perfect, but with some of the add-ons, it makes it a lot easier to do some things. Like XML sitemaps extension makes it a lot easier to create and submit your site. Which i am sure is potentially available with other scripts, but wordpress is also easier in other ways.

Creating new content is as easy as one page, and the site shows you the permalink for a new post right away and allows you to modify it. I guess if you want a smaller url or such.

There is plenty more i am sure but this is the things that i like about it.

Maybe also the face that it has taken be all of maybe 20 minutes to move my business site off joomla, and on to wordpress. I just cut and paste the content, and yes it may have been only 3 or 4 pages. but hey wont be to much different for a slightly larger site, and i would imagine most blog platforms there would be automated options to transfer your blogging.
Wordpress has an import feature that will transfer your content from your old blog to the new one. It unfortunately does not work with Joomla, but you can import from :

Blogger
Blogware
Bunny’s Technorati Tags
Categories and Tags Converter
DotClear
GreyMatter
Jerome’s Keywords
LiveJournal
Movable Type and TypePad
RSS
Simple Tagging
Textpattern
Ultimate Tag Warrior
WordPress

In your admin panel go to Tools->Import

orion_joel
02-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Yeah i didn't think it would work with joomla but all the content i needed to bring across totaled about 4 pages all up so no biggie cut and paste to notepad then to wordpress. Did a header for one of the themes i found and bada bing, new website, that looks even better, and bonus is that the permalinks actually match what i had before in joomla, so no redirects